Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    firepatb Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Sep 3, 2006, 10:45 AM
    Through wall A.C. unit replacement
    I have an existing through wall unit. Can I replace it using a same size window unit,using the existing sleave in the wall. Or are the vent holes different in a wall unit vs. a window unit?
    juggallojed Posts: 165, Reputation: 10

Sep 4, 2006, 11:15 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by firepatb
    I have an existing thru wall unit. Can I replace it using a same size window unit,using the existing sleave in the wall. Or are the vent holes different in a wall unit vs. a window unit?

Pay attention to the air in and air out configuration, most "window" units are side discharge , and the through the wall units are rear intake and discharge

And we all know air flow is most important

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Lennox A/C unit won't run [ 4 Answers ]

Hey all, I'm hoping to get some pointers. I noticed last week that while the fan on the inside unit was running in my house, the outside Lennox (HL26 I think) was not running at all. I usually don't try to fix this kind of stuff myself, so I called a local HVAC/Electric company to come look at...

Outside unit not working [ 6 Answers ]

My outside lennox unit is not working. Fan is not turning and I hear nothing. The furnace downstair is a lennox pulse propane gas (which is blowing air) and the ac is a lennox. Yesterday afternoon it stayed on and was really cold and I couldn't get it to kick off. I raised the temp up to 78 when I...

Old window unit [ 1 Answers ]

We have a Friedrich window unit. It has a 3 prong plug and we have it in a 20 amp socket. The breaker is a 60 amp and the wiring is 220 12/3. We aren't getting power to the unit. What are we doing wrong here?? :eek:

A/c fan not working on outside unit [ 1 Answers ]

My fan is not working outside on the a/c unit but it work on the inside. The air is hot that comes out and the coils are very hot help me please. Pammiej;)

Overflow in A/C unit [ 1 Answers ]

I am building a house that has an interior a/c unit (electric heat pump) on each of the 3 floors of the house. In a previous house I had some wood floors ruined because the drain in the a/c unit plugged and caused water to leak from the unit. I wanted to know if it is possible to put an overflow...

View more questions Search