Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    mhmommy Posts: 9, Reputation: 1

Mar 23, 2009, 05:07 AM
    Getting 2 pug puppies at 8 weeks old
    Can you have 2 pug puppies in the same crate until they are a certain age?? :rolleyes:

Thanks!
    shazamataz Posts: 6,642, Reputation: 1244
    Uber Member

Mar 23, 2009, 05:12 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by mhmommy View Post
    Quick clarification - I mean for them to sleep in. I'll have 2 separate training crates downstairs and I was wondering about a larger crate w/2 of them in to sleep at night upstairs.

Thanks!

It's probably a good idea to have them together for company, although be warned, young puppies like to play... even when you want to sleep so be prepared for some loud play fighting in the crate!

Mar 23, 2009, 05:19 AM

THANKS! I thought the same thing! Plus, they are brother and sister! Kira and Drago ;o)

Again, thanks!
    Uber Member

Mar 23, 2009, 05:21 AM
    No probs, I hope it all goes well for you. Let us know if you need any more help :)

Mar 23, 2009, 05:25 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by shazamataz View Post
    No probs, I hope it all goes well for you. Let us know if you need any more help :)
    IF I NEED ANY HELP!? HA! Of course! LOL

When I tell you I'm starting from scratch, that's EXACTLY what I mean. We had dogs when I was a child, but I didn't train or care for them - MOMMY did. Now I'm the MOMMY! :eek:

Will they need to be taken out, to do their THANG, in the middle of the night at such a young age? If so, for how long. I'm obviously going to train them, but until it happens... :confused:
    Uber Member

Mar 23, 2009, 05:37 AM
    Lol don't worry, that's what we are here for!
    Until they are completely house trained I would expect an accident or 2 during the night.
    When you bought them did you see where they were kept? A lot of young puppies are actually partially trained to go on newspaper as they naturally like to keep their own beds clean.
    During the night you could try putting a blanket on one half of the crate and newspaper on the other. Then gradually train them to use newspaper outside the crate and move it towards your backyard more and more each day until they go outside :)
    Don't forget to praise good behaviour, it's the easiest and fastest way to train a dog :)

Mar 23, 2009, 06:01 AM
    We don't have them yet. We should be getting them by the 1st week of May [8/9 weeks]. I'm not getting them from a breeder. My brothers pug had a liter of 9!! At the moment, they are in a huge wire crate with flannel sheet.

I was thinking of a waterproof pad - NO?

Thanks!
    Uber Member

Mar 23, 2009, 06:05 AM
    Puppy training pads are great, protects your carpet and stops odors.
    You could suggest to your brother to put some in their crate now so they get used to them :)

Mar 23, 2009, 06:20 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by shazamataz View Post
    Puppy training pads are great, protects your carpet and stops odors.
    You could suggest to your brother to put some in their crate now so they get used to them :)
    GREAT IDEA - Will purchase them for him today!! Have a GREAT day! I'm sure you'll be hearing back from me real soon. :D

Debra
    Uber Member

Mar 23, 2009, 06:28 AM
    Hehe no problem, there's always someone here to help :)

Mar 23, 2009, 07:04 AM
    I'll post my new babies once they are home!! ;)
    Uber Member

Mar 23, 2009, 07:21 AM
    Please do, baby pugs are adorable :)

Mar 23, 2009, 07:47 AM
    I KNOW!! That's why I'm getting 2! :D heehee

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Baby is 4`1/2 weeks in growth and I thought I was 6 weeks [ 14 Answers ]

Hello, I am a new wife of 6 months with an amazing husband... we recently in August had a miscarriage and now became pregnant again... here's the thing... My last period was on dec 22nd and I am NOT regular.. between 32-39 day cycles... I had an ultra sound today and it said my baby was only about...

11 weeks pregnant fetus only 6 weeks? [ 8 Answers ]

I thought I was 11 weeks pregnant, had some very light spotting and Dr. did ultrasound and said fetus was only 6 weeks?? I am almost positive there was no possibility of conception on the new date so they believe the fetus stopped growing at 6 weeks and I had a missed miscarriage. I am waiting...

26 weeks, 3 weeks behind in growth, dr's concerned. [ 7 Answers ]

My baby is now 26 weeks, but measures 23, the Dr.'s are very concerned and have brought up the possibility of having a skeletal disorder(dwarf) because she is behind on growth, we did an amnio and also blood tests which all came back fine. They have also not found any other abnormalities. Is this...

Puppies [ 6 Answers ]

my sister and I have been wanting a little maltese or a yorkie for about 2 months, and my mom doesn't care if we get one, but we r trying to convince him into getting a dog. does anyone know any good tips on how to convince parents into getting a dog?? also, does anyone know where to find...

Puppies at 5 weeks old [ 9 Answers ]

My friend has a Yorkie who had 4 puppies. The mom dog came down with eclampsia (crashing from low calcium) when the puppies were 3 weeks old. She almost died. She was hospitalized overnight and when she was released from the hospital she was told that the mom could not be around the puppies as...

View more questions Search