Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    anzbananzoc Posts: 3, Reputation: 0

Mar 22, 2009, 10:38 PM
    Do I give up on getting my ex of 2 and half years back?
    Hey, I am new to this whole thing, but I need some help.

When I was 15 years old (almost 16), I started dating a guy. He was 18. We dated his last few months of high school. We dated the next 2 and a half years. This boy was my life. Everyone loved him, my family and my friends. He treated me like his princess and he gave me more love than anybody else. He was my best friend and he was with me everyday for 2 and a half yrs. I was in love with he boy and he was in love with me. End of my senior year came, and I decided to leave home and go to school 3 hrs away. He wanted to come so he transferred schools to stay with me. 2 weeks before we were leaving for school we began fighting over little, stupid things. He broke up with me within the next week, said he loved me stilll and didn't want anyone else, but he needed time to figure out life... anways it has been 6 months and we still hang out daily. We are both 3 hours from home and we are still best friends. I am just having a hrad time with it all cause it kills me to hang out with him, knowing he left me out of the blue. He tells me still that he wants to continue our friendship and he thinks someday he wants to try it again, but as for now he needs to be single and find himself. He has not even kissed a girl or dated anyone OR hooked up with anyone since we broke up. And I know that for a fact. He says he wants no one else. And I know all this cause he tells me and all his friends and family. We still hook up every once and awhile and it kills me inside. We are each others first, and he says its something special we share. I don't know what to do? I want him back, and I love the friendship we have but its killing me inside. Do I stick around? Leave him alone? Cause I want him back... I really do. And I believe he feels the same way.
    Romefalls19 Posts: 4,739, Reputation: 1130
    Ultra Member

Mar 23, 2009, 05:30 AM

No don't stick around waiting for someone else, life doesn't wait for you. Move on and go no contact with him so you can properly heal. Definitely stop hooking up with him!
    Claire58 Posts: 75, Reputation: 3

Mar 23, 2009, 07:03 AM

Stop hooking up with him, if he says he needs space, he truly means it, you've been going for a long time and if he's feeling closed in space might be the best. Don't meet up with him anymore, after a while he'll figure out he wants you after all. However if he takes too much time you need to tell him so and move on no matter how hard it is for you, that'll get him moving
    JoeCanada76 Posts: 6,669, Reputation: 1707
    Uber Member

Mar 23, 2009, 07:05 AM

You should have giving up 2 in a half years ago. Honestly you should not have even dated.

Mar 23, 2009, 07:51 AM

2 and half yrs ago I should have given up? We dated then. We broke up 6 months ago.
    starbuck8 Posts: 3,128, Reputation: 734
    Gone, But Not Forgotten

Mar 23, 2009, 08:06 AM

I'm sorry, but I am going to have to agree with the others. You need to break away from this and at least give him something to miss. Tell him that you have to figure out where your life is going too. Will that be painful? Of course. But you need to do it, both for yourself and for him. He has got you on a string here. He's having his cake and eating it too... so to speak.

You are there for him, but he is not there for you in the way he should be. You are not going to get him back by hanging around and being his friend with benefits. It just doesn't work that way, I'm sorry to say. If somewhere down the line you get back together, great! But do not sit around waiting. Time does not wait for you, as mentioned above.
    JoeCanada76 Posts: 6,669, Reputation: 1707
    Uber Member

Mar 23, 2009, 08:15 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by anzbananzoc View Post
    2 and half yrs ago i should have given up? we dated then. we broke up 6 months ago.
    Re Read my answer. Obviously the lines of communication has failed here. You should not have been dating him in the first place. That is why I said you should have left 2 in a half years ago. It should not have happened in the first place. Do you understand why I wrote it the way I did now.?
    nikosmom Posts: 1,611, Reputation: 488
    Ultra Member

Mar 23, 2009, 10:48 AM

I understood what you meant JH76, I know that I never would have been allowed in that situation. It should not have happened.
    talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Mar 23, 2009, 03:34 PM

When you break up, and still hang out, hook up, and still talk everyday, your not broken up.

Why play with yourself that way? You should have left each other alone 6 months ago, and had the space to heal, and let the emotional dust settle.

Of course its killing you now, so end this confusion, by getting away from each other.

Then he has a decision to make, to stay or go, and not just loiter in your life with no understanding.

Mar 23, 2009, 03:50 PM

Yes I understand now jh76
    Thanks

And thanks to everyone else, especially talaniman. That really helped me. I feel like we are dating... and that's the problem

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Broke up with fiancˇe after 2 and half years relationship and want her back! [ 3 Answers ]

Hi, Like many other break ups I have my story to tell, I met a girl over 3 years ago and went out with her over two and half years and nearly a year a go I got down on one knee and asked her to marry me, we both were so excited and we pressed on with our life's together. Everything was good...

Just got back with boyfriend of two years and he's back to doing the same thing that. [ 17 Answers ]

My boyfriend and I of two yeas just got back together on new years eve... we broke up for exactly two months... now its been just two weeks and he's back to doing the same thing that caused the breakup in the first place... he doesn't call/answer/and barely texts me... he uses the excuse that...

Trying for a baby. 2 and half years [ 1 Answers ]

Hiya - My husband and I have been trying for a baby now two and a half years... at first things were okay - we were really laid back 'it will happen when it happens' but when I had my birthday last year, things got me down. I know I have years left, as this year I will be 26. Doctors have...

Father abandoned daughter one and a half years ago and step father wants to adopt [ 1 Answers ]

Hi, I have a question. My daughters father completely stopped contact with my daughter a year and a half ago. We were separated for eight years, Since then I have remarried and gone on with my life. He suddenly stopped all contact with her a year and a half ago, stopped child support about three...

I have lost weight but gained half of it back [ 5 Answers ]

I lost weight 70 pounds but it was because I was really stressed out at the time and really I don't know how it came off, but I was happy that it did. I tried to keep the weight off by eating better and getting a little more exercises than I normally would but Ive gained almost half of it back and...

View more questions Search