Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    coolchick14 Posts: 7, Reputation: 1

Mar 22, 2009, 10:27 PM
    Went on a date the same day we met.
    I met this guy randomly. We talked for about 20 minutes, really hit it off, and I gave him my number. He texted me about 10 minutes after we left each other. We texted back and forth and within the hour, he had asked me out on a date for that same night. I said yes.

He took me to the restaurant/bar he works at and had the cook make us some dinner, even though the restaurant was closed. He introduced me to all his friends from work. We had dinner and decided to stay for some drinks. We ended up staying there until the place closed. We drank, danced, and kissed. After, we went to his friend's place to hang out. We talked for a while and decided to crash at his friend's place because we were drunk and tired. We made out and fooled around a bit, but no sex, and told each other we really liked each other before falling asleep. The next morning, he drove me home and on the way, we talked about how much we enjoyed ourselves. He hugged me goodbye and gave me a kiss on the cheek.

Later that day, I sent him a text asking how his day was going. He told me he felt really drained. I joked and asked him if I had had that effect on him. He said, no it was the alcohol that did. We texted for a little bit until I told him I hope he feels better and to have a great rest of the day. He didn't say anything after that. Later on, I added him on Facebook and he has yet to accept the request.

So, what do you think he's thinking and feeling? How do I know whether he really did have a good time and whether he meant it when he said he really likes me? When is it too soon to contact and see if he wants to hang out again?
    Bonita-- Posts: 301, Reputation: 17

Mar 23, 2009, 01:47 AM
    Just my opinion but it seems like he just wanted a good time and then to end the night with sex, and when you didn't give it to him he lost interest. It's just the first thought I got after reading what you said. I don't think he's interested in a relationship because any guy who really wanted to get to know you wouldn't "fool around" with you in a first date anyway because he would have more respect for you. I also don't think you're the first girl he's done that with, he sounds like a player to be honest. Sorry if I sound too harsh but it's just my opinion. I think you should forget about him.
    chrissymarie Posts: 563, Reputation: 53

Mar 23, 2009, 03:19 PM

I think your moving too fast. Remember your new to him and change can be very scary to men, especially younger men. You just need to back off a little and let him chase you. I know you had a great time and ll and your afraid that if you don't show him you really like him he'll disappear but as of right now... sorry to say but your coming off a little easy. I mean come on you did spend the night with him the first night you met him... but I guess you can blame that on the alcohol, that's why its never a good idea to drink on the first date. Real men like a challenge.
    Claire58 Posts: 75, Reputation: 3

Mar 23, 2009, 03:26 PM

Yep I agree with chrissy marie, let him chase you, I would take back that fcbk request if possible, if he's interested in you, he'll definitely seek you out,
    liz28 Posts: 4,662, Reputation: 1034
    Ultra Member

Mar 23, 2009, 04:58 PM

No more reaching out to him. It's time for him to put in some effort. He has your number but I wouldn't sit around waiting for his call. After all it was just an enjoyable spontaneous moment the two of you shared.
    theartofm Posts: 16, Reputation: 2

Mar 24, 2009, 12:10 AM

Get back to him in about a week. Send him a funny text message and nothing more. See if he comes back with anything at all.

A girl did that to me last week, worked like a charm.
    theartofm Posts: 16, Reputation: 2

Mar 24, 2009, 12:11 AM
    And, yeah, the Facebook request is too intimate. He may not be ready for you to see his photos and his friends and all the geeky stoopid things he likes to do

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Where to go at on a date [ 7 Answers ]

Where is the best place to have a date?

Call I have my court date canceled and do it on a later date [ 1 Answers ]

I have a court date for Oct 20 for a scheduling conference for a credit card debt. I was served a summons to file an answer and I did in a timely manner then I received a Notice of Hearing that says the case is scheduled for Scheduling Conference. Can I do anything at this point. I had previously...

Invoice Date or Actual Date [ 2 Answers ]

Is it proper to post payment requests by the invoice date or by the actual date? I ask because if you post by invoice date, you never have a hard close. What if you get an invoice in September for a July invoice date? As long as it is in the same fiscal year, does it matter?

To-date total based on current date [ 1 Answers ]

:confused: I am trying to create a forumula that will give a cumulative or "to-date" total that will exclude future months from the total. i.e. ithe point in time is August and I need to show a to-date number Through August only even though September and October are included in The...

F-1 to H-1, what's the start date of H-1? Should be approval date or visa issue day? [ 3 Answers ]

As I mention before, I changed from F-1 to H-1 last year. I got my H-1 status in Feb 2004, but I went to my home country to get the H-1 visa stamp in August 2004. So I would like to know for counting my H-1 status, is it the date that USCIS (the Immigration) approved (which is Feb 1st), or the...

View more questions Search