Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    jerseyjonz Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Mar 22, 2009, 09:33 PM
    Installing a new full bath in raised foundation basement
    I'm adding a guest room & bath to my basement. This is a raised foundation & the 3" & 2" drains were installed when I built the house. Can I just install a flange & wax seal & install the bowl & for a vanity sink, run directly into 2" or do I need to run a vent pipe.
    If so, where where do I hook it in & run it out?
    Milo Dolezal Posts: 7,192, Reputation: 523
    Plumbing Expert

Mar 22, 2009, 11:43 PM

Run 2" vent for toilet and 1 1/2" vent for sink. Combine them about 4' above the floor. Run it upwards to the floor above and connect with existing vents above 4' above that floor. Of course, if you can, run that vent directly to the roof - or to the attic and connect with existing vent there. See the sketch to give you idea how to run them...
    Attached Images

speedball1 Posts: 29,301, Reputation: 1939
    Eternal Plumber

Mar 23, 2009, 06:27 AM
    In my area we would use the lavatory vent as a wet vent for the toilet (see image). We considerthe extra ventfor the toilet to be just that. A extra vent that we don't need. OIf course if you fall under UPC you run a vent on everything but the family dog. Regards, Tom
    Attached Images

jerseyjonz Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Mar 23, 2009, 07:07 PM

Milo & Speedball1 Thank you both

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

I am turning A 1/2 bath into a full bath and have questions before I start [ 4 Answers ]

My House was built in 1963 the plumbing is all copper drain and water lines the Bathroom is on the 2nd floor in the master bedroom. Is is Possible to tap into the waste pipe for the toilet. The toilet is the end of the run to that side of the house. I am thinking the only way to access this is to...

Converting half bath to full bath [ 9 Answers ]

My question refers to a half bath we are in the planning stages of converting to a full bath in the basement. Currently our basement has a half bath with toilet and sink on one half of the basement. There is then a shower on the other side of the basement with the washer and dryer, about 30 feet...

Adding a full bath in basement [ 1 Answers ]

I have a problem in my basement. I am adding a full bath and the problem I have is my main stack goes horizontal outside the house. Doesn't go into the slab. I have seen the up-flush toilet but very costly. Was wondering if there is another direction I can go. Any info will be helpful. ...

Cutting cement for plumbing 3/4 bath to full bath [ 3 Answers ]

We are currently in the middle of changing our basement 3/4 bath into a full bath. The bathroom is 5.5' by 13.5'. We want to put the sink where the shower was and put a tub/shower where the sink was. (because the space where the shower was is too small for a tub). The old sink drain is centered 4...

View more questions Search