Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    TLove Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Mar 22, 2009, 07:41 PM
    Lip lightening?
    I am an African American women with darker top lip... some would say it's a natural lip liner. I wish to have more even lips. I ususlly have to use some type of base lipstick or concealer to even them out before wearing certain lip glosses or lipsticks. It's so annoying. Does anyone have any suggestions on how to lighten the lip area or make it more even? I've thought of getting them tattooed. However, I don't want a permanent color... just a natural even color to my lips. I would love to wear a sheer or lipstick without it looking crazy.
    Any suggestions?
    XOXOlove Posts: 830, Reputation: 131

Mar 22, 2009, 09:32 PM

I'm trying to lighten my lips too. They used to be pink but now they are really dark. I'm using lemon juice with lip balm to lighten, but it's only working around the edges. I also tried this collagen mask but it only works temporarily. A lot of people have tried godiva lipgloss or fresh up cream with success. Maybe you can try it. A lot of nipple pinkening creams also work on the lips. You can Google it.
    cutebeth Posts: 37, Reputation: 5

Mar 22, 2009, 11:47 PM

You have to use something internally, am african, my nipples have turned pink like a white person and so are my lips. I take a lot of glutathione precursors as well as 10,000-20,000mg of msm daily and I think that's what did it.

Mar 25, 2009, 01:44 PM

You could also use lipstain but it will only last for a day I think. It would probably make your lips look nicer than lipstick would. I always the ads for covergirl outlast lipstain maybe you can try that.
    spotted Posts: 59, Reputation: 0

Mar 27, 2009, 06:48 AM

My dermatologist one time suggested any over the counter cream with 2% hq in it and advised me to use lip balms and lip moisterizers with sunscreen.

I didn't actually do it because it sounded too strong for such a delicate area! She also mentioned that not to worry if my lips got a bit darker during first days of use because it is a natural defense against the chemical materials that breaks down the pigments. So I might give it a try if I exhaust all other natural treatments. Hope this helps!

Mar 27, 2009, 12:27 PM

2% hq doesn't sound bad. I read on wikipedia that it's OK to use 2% or less on skin. I want to lighten my lips in a more natural way and if it doesn't work maybe I'll resort to a skin lightening cream.
    syrupforyou Posts: 30, Reputation: 2

Mar 28, 2009, 02:45 AM

I would recommend Mayfair pink nipple cream. Its effective also for the lips. Me and my friend tried it and its effective.

Mar 28, 2009, 07:10 AM

I have also seen a lot of creams that are for both lips and nipples. I'm thinking about getting something like this.
    tinyprettylight Posts: 13, Reputation: 2

Aug 13, 2009, 10:57 PM

I think CuteBeth may be on to something when she suggests internal lightening.

That won't just target your lips and can take a while to kick in depending on your dosage and metabolism.

I've had some success using Diana Stalder Glutathione Soap on my lips and topping it with Vasline once it dries.

It burns and may not be for everyone but I've seen some results!

You can use any soap you want that has lightening properties, not just Diana Stalder or not just Glutathione Soap.

Kojic Acid may work even better!

Here's my little guide, so if you have any questions about this method check here and I'll be able to answer you quicker!

https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/skin-l...ml#post1922859
    porkchops Posts: 5, Reputation: 1

Dec 22, 2009, 03:25 PM
    Try NuLips Lip Balm it worked for me... but my darkness was from smoking and coffee drinking. Make sure you exfoliate yours lips and if you can use a sunblock.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Lip lightening [ 10 Answers ]

Where in California can I get the godiva licorice lip lighting lip gloss I need it urgently getting married soon

Why skin lightening? [ 8 Answers ]

I've always tried to understand skin lightening? Don't think that I am being condescending, I'm just curious as to why anyone would want to lighten their beautiful dark skin?? Please explain :confused:

Lightening with something different [ 1 Answers ]

I think I might go with alpha arbutin powder, or mequinol or something less harsh... considering it ummm

Under arm lightening [ 1 Answers ]

Hi I prefer to shave my under arm area every few days instead of waxing.I have found that over the years my under arms have gone darker. Could you recommend a gentle under arm lightener? And what is the reason for the darkening of the underarm?

View more questions Search