Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    trishafrank Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Sep 3, 2006, 07:05 AM
    Compensation
    I am a full-time caregiver for my 82 year old mother, is there any compensate from the government, hud or any other program out there I can turn to for help with this.

Trisha
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Sep 3, 2006, 10:19 AM
    Not normally.

You may check to see if you can get some home health aid to come in and help with doing care, a licenced home health agency and bill medicare for some srvices.
    mysticque Posts: 95, Reputation: -7
    -

Sep 14, 2006, 11:15 PM
    Depends if she worked during her times. I think she may still be eligible for anything. My grandma gets SSI and on top of that she can request healtcare assistance both financially and care/labour.
    jnoopers Posts: 5, Reputation: 2

Mar 6, 2007, 07:55 PM
    Yes most definitely. My grandmother was paid to take care of my great grandmother instead of the state paying for a nursing home, this was in Michigan also the mother of my nephew and her family members were paid through a private organization to care for their grandmother. I spoke with the dept of aging in PA today they do have a book containing resources for seniors in their area so you may want to contact the department of aging or it may be called something different but similar in your area for resources and I would even try to contact local organizations to help you get pointed in the right direction.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Workman's Compensation settlement [ 1 Answers ]

I will be receiving a workmans comp. settlement shortly and need to know if I file bankruprcy will they keep or want to know why I don't have it anymore

Caregiver compensation [ 7 Answers ]

Since 2000 I have overseen my elderly mother's care. She is completely dependent on me. Have moved her more than once a year as she declined, bring her to my home a full day each week, take care of all dr appts etc, do finances. My sis, who lives in another state does not contribute or visit. In...

Compensation of loss due to misstatement in a prospectus issued by a company [ 2 Answers ]

I am a director of a company and my colleague is a promoter of the same company. We have been sued by shareholders for compensation of loss arising out of a misstatement in a prospectus the company issued. Advise us as on the grounds upon which we may avoid liability.

View more questions Search