Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    MrsPeterRoc Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Mar 22, 2009, 10:12 AM
    If My husband has full custody of his son can I legally adopt him?
    My husband has sole custody of his son and has had it since his son was born. The mother is not in the child life. Can I legally adopt him? What do I have to do to ensure that this happens?
    Synnen Posts: 7,927, Reputation: 2443
    Expert

Mar 22, 2009, 10:36 AM

You have to get the child's mother to relinquish rights before you can adopt.

Custody has NOTHING to do with parental rights--it just says who the child lives with.

You need to get a lawyer to walk you through this process to make sure that it is done correctly.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

I have temp. Custody of my niece how do I get full custody? [ 2 Answers ]

My sister has 3 kids and don't have custody of any of them. I have temporary custody of her 1 year old and the other the other 2's father has custody of them. She signed her to me for a year, but when that year is up she might want her back and I want to have everything ready for that. If you can...

Can my husband legally adopt my son? [ 1 Answers ]

My current husband and I got married in the summer of 2004. I was married before thisbut it was only for a few months. He was cheating on me the entire marriage and left me and our son shortly after he was born. After dating my current husband for 3 years, I paid a paralegal to handle the divorce....

How can my husband legally adopt my daughter in NYS [ 2 Answers ]

HI, I have a 4 yr old daughter Ive been married for 2 years. My husband wants to adopt her. He has been in our lives since she was 9 months old. Lately however, her having a different last name is causeing issues. We teach her my husbands last name but she legally has her biological fathers name....

Step parent adopt child when he is married to mother with full custody [ 1 Answers ]

I have full custody of my daughter. Her father barely calls her when he does it's about once a month and he tells her jokes. She is 6 will be 7 in April. He does pay child support. He is active duty in the Army stationed in Germany I don't know where he is exactly because he remarried and moved...

View more questions Search