Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    reachshankar82 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Mar 22, 2009, 01:28 AM
    Sexual intercourse after child birth
    Hi All,

We had sexual intercourse after 3 months of my first child birth but unfortunately didn't use any precautions or contraceptive tablets. After a week normal periods happen but still we afraid whether it will leads to pregnancy or abortion :(.

How to avoid child for a period say for example 4 years?

Could you please suggest on this?
    bunintheoven09 Posts: 1, Reputation: -1

Mar 22, 2009, 02:33 AM
    Why don't you go on the pill or use a condom? If due to your religion you can't then just before he ejaculates pull it out but this doesn't always work you still have a chance of getting pregnant.
    danielnoahsmommy Posts: 2,506, Reputation: 297
    Ultra Member

Mar 22, 2009, 02:42 AM

There is a new iud that that lasts about 5 years and can be taken out sooner if you would like to have more children.
    Becca1025 Posts: 422, Reputation: 45

Mar 25, 2009, 11:21 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by bunintheoven09 View Post
    why dont you go on the pill or use a condom? If due to your religion you can't then just before he ejaculates pull it out but this doesnt always work you still have a chance of getting pregnant.
    What does a doctor call two people who use the pull out method? Parents.

Please don't use the pull out method. That's how my second baby was conceived. Speak to your OBGYN about Mirena. It lasts up to five years and you can remove it at anytime if you decide to.
    DoulaLC Posts: 10,488, Reputation: 1952
    Uber Member

Mar 25, 2009, 12:01 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by bunintheoven09 View Post
    why dont you go on the pill or use a condom? If due to your religion you can't then just before he ejaculates pull it out but this doesnt always work you still have a chance of getting pregnant.
    Actually this is sound advice if the OP is not able to use regular forms of contraception. While stating that they didn't use any precautions or contraceptive tablets is likely due to just choosing not to, if it had been for a religious reason alternatives would be natural family planning or the withdrawl method. Yes, it is not the most reliable method, but many couples rely on it and find success with it. The withdrawl method can be difficult for some, as it takes much awareness... lack of which is what causes the majority of unplanned pregnancies, along with resuming intercourse after ejaculation has occurred, and of course the odds of pregnancy will be greater with its use than with other forms of contraception. But the point bunintheoven made was that this could be an option IF other forms could not be considered due to religious reasons... not that this would be a optimum choice.

For the OP, if you had a period, you would not be pregnant. If you are open to various forms of contraception there are a number to choose from as have been suggested. Speak to your partner and your doctor about which ones might be the best options to use.
    katiesxx Posts: 14, Reputation: 0

Mar 25, 2009, 12:06 PM
    Well you could use anal sex, but I suggest you see a doctor to widen your options
    reachshankar82 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Mar 26, 2009, 02:56 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Becca1025 View Post
    What does a doctor call two people who use the pull out method? Parents.

Please don't use the pull out method. Thats how my second baby was concieved. Speak to your OBGYN about Mirena. It lasts up to five years and you can remove it at anytime if you decide to.
    What's mean by OBGYN? Could you please explain detailed?
    artlady Posts: 4,208, Reputation: 1477
    Ultra Member

Mar 26, 2009, 03:02 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by reachshankar82 View Post
    what's mean by OBGYN? Could you please explain detailed?
    An OBGYN is the doctor who delivered your baby.
    Do you have access to birth control?

Can you use condoms or the birth control pill?
    danielnoahsmommy Posts: 2,506, Reputation: 297
    Ultra Member

Mar 26, 2009, 04:27 AM

Obstetrics and gynecologist
    DoulaLC Posts: 10,488, Reputation: 1952
    Uber Member

Mar 26, 2009, 04:35 AM

Depending on where you live, many births may be attended by an obstetrician... a doctor who takes care of women during pregnancy and birth. A gynecologist is a doctor who focuses on the health issues of women. An OBGYN does both.

In other places, a midwife would be the most common care provider during pregnancy and birth and an obstetrician is only seen if there is a greater medical need.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Sexual intercourse [ 13 Answers ]

My boyfriend claims that during intercourse my vigna feels different, can this happen?

Sexual intercourse [ 9 Answers ]

Why does my boyfreind not like sex?:confused:

Sexual intercourse [ 5 Answers ]

Hi my names chris when I'm having sexual intercourse I orgasm really quickly how can I fix this

Can I have sexual intercourse while separated in Maryland [ 16 Answers ]

Me and my husband have been separated some time now and I'm seeing someone else the relationship is pregressing and I think its time to have intercourse but I don't no if its allowed in the state of Maryland?:confused:

Sexual intercourse after radioactive treatment [ 1 Answers ]

Hi! My boyfriend has Grave's disease and last week he got radioactive treatment. Since we are in a long distance relationship and I had to go with him to the treatment, right after taking in that radioactive pill or substance and was told to not to eat anything after 2 hours... after 3 hours,...

View more questions Search