Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    chris7708 Posts: 15, Reputation: 1

Mar 21, 2009, 09:28 PM
    How to ask for a number
    How would I ask for a number if I just met a girl at the mall or something? Would that be weird to ask them right there or no?
    Clough Posts: 26,677, Reputation: 1649
    Uber Member

Mar 21, 2009, 09:37 PM

Hi, chris7708!

If you had just met her and struck up a conversation with her and you both knew that the two of you had some things in common, then I don't think it would be weird. If you just "point blank" asked for her phone number, then that might be considered a little weird.

Thanks!
    dontknownuthin Posts: 2,910, Reputation: 751
    Ultra Member

Mar 22, 2009, 10:39 PM

I personally would not give my number to a man who approached me that I did not know something about - a friend in common or something like that - and I am an adult.

Teenage girls are pretty safety savvy, or at least should be, and should not be giving their numbers out to random boys they meet in the mall - even great ones like you probably are.

If the mall is where you hang out all the time though, of if you work there, you might strike up some friendships with girls you meet there. Don't start with asking for a number, just ask "are you guys here a lot? We're coming again Thursday...we'll look for you!" When you know each other better, you can ask for the number. If they like you, the girls will come back Thursday - even if they weren't plannimng to before. Believe me, girls will go to a lot of trouble to accidentally run into a boy they like!

General rule of thumb... you have to have a conversation with the person and make some kind of connection so that you can say, "Wow, I have to get going but I really want to talk to you some more. Would it be ok if I called you?" Or less threatening would be, "I wouldn't presume to ask for your number, but I'd really enjoy talking to you some more. I'll give you mine, and if you want to call me, please do!"

If you work there, don't hit on customers - you could lose your job over it.
    artlady Posts: 4,208, Reputation: 1477
    Ultra Member

Mar 22, 2009, 11:11 PM

If that was my younger son he would say*give me your phone,Ill give you my number*. Confidence up the wazoo.
    My eldest would hem and haw and lose the chance.
    You decide.
    theartofm Posts: 16, Reputation: 2

Mar 24, 2009, 12:07 AM
    Assuming that teenagers at a mall are like women at a bar...

So if you "met" this girl, that means you talked to her a bit, she didn't run away screaming, and you would like to "meet" her again sometime.

So you could say "hey, could I have your number so that I can call you next time I'm around the mall? Or maybe we could hook up another time?"

Or if you are cash rich and don't mind bribing you could say "Hey I have to run, but I'd like to treat you and your friend to an Orange Julius later. Can I get your number?"

Don't say "hook up" to a girl you don't know if it means "have sex". I love that phrase, but you have to watch your connotations!

The second approach makes you come off like you have somewhere to be or friends to meet instead of a mall roach who goes around trying to get numbers from girls he doesn't know.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

What will be the next number. [ 4 Answers ]

1,11,21,1211,3112,132112... what will be the next number. Answer with justification

The Number 23 [ 2 Answers ]

In the movie The Number 23 when Fingerling meets Fabrizia, what is the song title that's playing? I can't find it online and it's rather catchy so if anyone knows it please let me know! Thank you so much!

If I register for a business number in Canada and provide my social Insurance number. [ 1 Answers ]

If I register for a business number in Canada and provide my social Insurance number.. ... will my SIN always be "connected" with my business? In other words, as far as Canada REvenue is concerned are they 2 different entities? I want to apply for Bus # for a sole propriatorship

Need the next number [ 1 Answers ]

52, 28,33, 63, 73, 23, 56... Can anyone tell me the next number in this sequence?:confused:

View more questions Search