Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Curiousjane Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Mar 21, 2009, 08:48 PM
    Oklahoma property inheritance for spouse and children
    If a father dies without a will and leaves a house and a small amount of money, does everything go to the wife or does his half go to their 6 adult children? If the wife sells the house after her husband has been dead 9 years, does she get all the proceeds or does she only get half and the 6 children divide the other half?
    Ace High Posts: 191, Reputation: 22

Mar 21, 2009, 09:10 PM

It usually goes to the wife. She was married to him and is his partner. The children would be next in line if both parents had passed. - Ace

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Inheritance Law Texas - children overseas [ 2 Answers ]

My father-in-law died in December 2008. He divorced my mother-in-law 3 year ago. They have 4 children including my husband (all residing outside the united states). He has 2 children with his second wife (US citizens). My husband's family has requested to see a copy of his will (if there was any)...

Foreign Property Inheritance [ 3 Answers ]

Hi. I am a 33 yr. oldPhilippino with an American husband (legally married in Ottawa, Canada). Yes, it's same-sex marriage. Aaanyway, my husband already made the will & stated that I will be the sole beneficiary of his properties. BUT.

Inheritance Property [ 7 Answers ]

I live in Idaho but acquired some property in Pennsylvania from my late grandmother. The property was sold and divided between 4 siblings. My question is do I have to pay taxes on my portion of the money I earned from the sale. Thank You

Property Sale/inheritance Law [ 1 Answers ]

My brother, sister and I were raised by our great-aunt. She passed away nearly 10 yrs. Ago. The house and property she lived in at the time is still in her name. My brother has been taking care of upkeep and taxes for all of these years. And it was decided among the 3 of us that the house should be...

View more questions Search