Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    brandili Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Mar 21, 2009, 03:00 PM
    Legal guardianship
    My sister has three daughters and she is in over her head. She wants me to take her baby because she knows how I love kids yet unable to have any. What is the legal way for her and I to do this. The kids aren't in any danger and the father is in prison. He doesn't want the kid either.
    BIGBOPPER Posts: 351, Reputation: 28

Mar 21, 2009, 03:15 PM

I imagine that you could adopt the child. Talk to an attorney that specializes in family law, and they can start the process for you.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Legal Guardianship [ 6 Answers ]

I have legal guardianship of my 17 year old nephew for the last two years. I live in Connecticut. His father, who originally gave him up to foster care, is starting to make decisions without my approval. For example, Bobby failed two subjects and can only take one of them in summer school. He...

Legal Guardianship [ 1 Answers ]

Hi, I would like for my friend who is 18 to become MY legal guardian, as I am 14 at the moment, because things are not well at home. IS THIS POSSIBLE? If so, do you know of any websites or numbers I may contact to get further information?

Mom says she is legal guardianship of my son so what do I do [ 5 Answers ]

A while back I got into a fight with my mom and she ended up kicking me out so I went and lived with my other half for a couple weeks whom lives with his parents so I wasn't able to bring my son. I tried to go back about two weeks after getting kicked out and she said I wasn't aloud back and...

Legal guardianship of an adult [ 3 Answers ]

I hope this question is in the right place. I have a question about legal guardianship of an adult. If I become the legal guardian of an adult will I be held responsible for finances of the adult? For example: his final expenses or anything that may happen causing a debt owed by him, and he...

View more questions Search