Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    integra198 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Sep 2, 2006, 12:18 PM
    Help! I was attacked by a bouncer at a night club.
    Last night when I was out minding my own business and having fun at a night club, I was pushed to the ground by a bouncer in the night club and hit repeatedly before being kicked out of the establishment. I have a number of witnesses that can vouch that I was completely sober and in control. Yesterday was my first time at this night club. I’m a 27 year old young professional and was out for a night on the town. When I entered the night club, the bouncer attached a wrist band on my wrist and we proceeded to enter the night club. Halfway through the night I removed the wristband as the bouncer outside had attached it to my wrist pretty tight. I was minding my business with a beer in my hand and another bouncer at the night club grabs me while I was on the dance floor and asked me where my wrist band was. I told him I took it off because it was too tight, but I have my ID so I can show him that I was of age. He proceeded to grab me and push me and tell me to go to the hallway. The bouncer kept on pushing me through the dance floor and at one point I asked him not to and was handing him my wallet so he could see that I am of age. That was when that bouncer pushed me to the ground on the dance floor and started hitting me. His colleagues had to get him off me. I was humiliated and left with bruises on my body which I have photographed. I attempted to talk to the other people at the night club to find out what happened, but they did not care and refused to answer me. It’s been less than 24 hours since this happened and I am furious. What can I do? Thanks in advance.
    phillysteakandcheese Posts: 973, Reputation: 356

Sep 2, 2006, 12:26 PM
    I would first file a police report for the assault, then find a lawyer to help you negotiate a settlement with the night club.

Wearing the wristband may have been a condition of remaining on the premises, but the bouncer cannot escalate physcial contact with you for no apparent reason.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Sep 2, 2006, 02:41 PM
    Let me see, you took off the ID braclet that you are suppose to wear to prove you paid the door and that your ID was checked. So the bouncer though you had gotten in unlawfully. He asked you to leave and you basically refused and he was using minor force to make you leave.

At this pont you reached for something ( a weapon in their eyes perhaps) and then the other bouncer took you to the ground

Stupidity and drinking often go hand in hand, and honestly I have never arrested a drunk that believed they were drunk they all swore they were OK.

I would say that I would like to hear the bouncers side of it,

You do have the right to filie a police report, to hire an attorney but I would stop and think exactly how this will look and reflext on you also if it does not go well in court for you.
    excon Posts: 21,482, Reputation: 2992
    Uber Member

Sep 2, 2006, 03:48 PM
    Hello integra:

The two answers above indicate exactly what you'll be up against. "He said - she said". I know, they're both he's, but you get the point.

Personally, I think you should sue their butt's off, and if you lose, you lose. I don't think a loss reflects badly on you. At least you got up to bat.

excon
    s_cianci Posts: 5,472, Reputation: 760
    Uber Member

Sep 2, 2006, 06:31 PM
    Go to the police and sign a complaint against the owner of the night club. For his own protection he will have to implicate the bouncer who attacked you. Also try to get statements in writing from all witnesses, as well as their names and addresses to include in the police report. Lastly, document all injuries sustained and the resulting expenses. When the actual expenses are tallied, double the amount for pain and suffering and punitive damages. Then file a lawsuit against the night club.
    readlee Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Sep 24, 2006, 05:55 AM
    I must say, lastnight I went to a club with a party of people. I had no idea of the dress code as I'd never been there before. I had shoes on, but you had to wear a top with a collor. So a bouncer asked me to leave the que.

I tried to explain and asked if I could speak to someone as I did want to break up the party, sometimes they will sell you a shirt. Of which the bouncer became agrivated and push and told me I was too drunk to get in anyway?

Finally the head bouncer came to see what the problem was and the first bounce proceeded to call me a drunken D*ck Head! I was not that drunk and I was not rude to him ONCE!

Then from the back ground the bouncer proceeded to provock me while I was talking to the head bouncer, he blow me kisses and mouthed "My B*tch" to me, of which I did lose control and ran at him!

This is when 5 bouncers rugby tackled me and hold me face down suffercating me in the dirty. 2 on my back, 2 on my legs and one on my face while strangling me.

Then a 6th bouncer started to kick me about the body and face/head.

I was trying to scream for someone to call the police but as I said one of then had thumb and fingers chocking me.

I was arrested under section 5 and had to pay £80 fine!

The bounce kept his back to the CCTV out side the club and although I was not DRUNK I had been drinking, but I still think it was excesive force! I just have no way of proving he provocked me.

I had never been in trouble before, the took DNS, finger prints and I now have brouses, cuts and a criminal record..

Anyone have any ideas of what I can do, because to be honest, if the law cannot protect people in these situations then I understand why people go back for revenge! To be honest, if it was just me and him, I would have finished him quick with no fuse. And if I was another person I would have gone back the next day to find him.
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Sep 24, 2006, 06:04 AM
    The bouncer allegedly provoked you with gestures and you attacked him. The other bouncers then subdued you with, what may have been considered excessive force.

Do you really think you have a case? I don't.
    CaptainForest Posts: 3,645, Reputation: 393
    Ultra Member

Sep 24, 2006, 02:54 PM
    I agree with Scott.

Maybe the bouncer was attracted to you? You attacked him FIRST, you really think you will win? I don't

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Boyfriend wanting to go to a strip club [ 34 Answers ]

Hi, I'm 17 years old and I'm having a problem with my boyfriend wanting to go to a strip club. I'm glad to say that he's not 18 yet, but I feel once he is he's going to want to go to one. Ive heard him say that he wants to go just once to see what its like, and that still really bothers me just to...

Regripping the golf club at the top of the swing [ 2 Answers ]

To whom it may concern, I am a 7 handicap and I have been having problems regriping the club at the top of my back swing. Is there any drills or things I can practice to stop this habit? Thanks Bob

My boyfriend went to a strip club [ 12 Answers ]

I have kind of a long story and want to know what I should do... I met my boyfriend on line over four years ago... we used to just talk to each other and after a few months we decided to be boyfriend/girlfriend... I live in ny and he lives in ky... we've met in person and in July we went away to...

Mid 90's Club Instrumental [ 2 Answers ]

I have it on cassette tape (unknown DJ Mix) giving to me from a friend in San Fran in 1995. The only other time I 've heard it was in Chris Rocks "Bring The Pain" stand up comedy in 1996. He walked out to this awsome 'unknown' instrumental beat in the beginning of his show. It is a smooth mellow...

View more questions Search