Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    stealeyl Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Sep 2, 2006, 09:09 AM
    Basement bathroom remodel
    I'm having to re-do a basement bathroom remodel due to a drain in the laundry room that repeatedly overflows due to the shower drain being connected to this drain it gets clogged with hair quite often. We have a drain cover which helps a little, however my question is, is there any way to do something permanently to the drain to prevent flooding and therefore cause mold in the bathroom to the point it ruins the floor boards and dry wall?
    speedball1 Posts: 29,301, Reputation: 1939
    Eternal Plumber

Sep 2, 2006, 11:01 AM
    You can fill the trap with cement and seal the floor drain off. Regards, tom

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Basement Remodel [ 1 Answers ]

I am in the process of redoing a basement bathroom in which I need to relocate all the drain locations to one extent or another. I would like to reuse the old 4" toilet drain if possible so that all the repaired concrete would get covered by tile. Where the new toilet is going to go is in the SW...

Bathroom remodel question (putting tub where WC used to be) [ 3 Answers ]

Not sure exactly how to connect to the 4" cast soil pipe that the house has, but, as the title says, I'm trying to connect a 1.5" or 2" tub drain to the 4" cast pipe (that's been in place for many, many years, and is pretty crusty). Any recommendations on a good sol'n to this? Thanks, Jeremy

Bathroom Remodel [ 2 Answers ]

I am remodeling a bathroom and want to move the water supply lines for the pedestal sink. They currently come out through the floor about 2" in from an exterior wall. This makes them somewhat of an eyesore with a pedestal sink. I want to move the supply lines so they continue through the floor to...

Big Bathroom Remodel [ 2 Answers ]

Hi guys, love this site!  I'm pretty handy around the house, but know very little about plumbing.  I have the basic concepts in hand okay, I just don't know any of the rules. My question is this: My current upstairs bathroom is tied into a 4" vertical waste stack that runs from my basement to...

View more questions Search