Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    bgdggr Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Mar 21, 2009, 12:38 AM
    Engine turns over but won't start
    I have a 1988 GMC crewcab with a 454 tbi.
    It run fine until one day it was idleing and run out of gas, I just shut the key off and decide I would put gas in later. A month later I decided to start it up, so I put gas in the tanks and tried to start it, but now all it will do is turn over. No fuel (TBI) or spark.
    I'm not familiar with this computer stuff. I did check for codes but came up with nothing.
    HELP
    TxGreaseMonkey Posts: 16,761, Reputation: 5597
    Uber Member

Mar 21, 2009, 05:52 AM

. Ensure you added plenty of fuel; otherwise, it will have a hard time picking it up.

. Turn the ignition switch to ON. Wait until the fuel pump turns off. Repeat this 6 times, to ensure the fuel rail is fully pressurized with fuel. Injectors won't work otherwise.

. Check all underhood and underdash fuses with a test light or multimeter:

https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/cars-t...tml#post252145

. Replace Ignition Control Module:

Ignition Module Control - Advance Auto Parts

. Replace coil.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Engine turns over but won't start [ 12 Answers ]

Hello, having a problem with my 1997 Jeep wrangler Jeep died on Saturday. Won't start so we tow it to my cousin's house where we are trying to diagnose the problem. The engine turns over but won't start. My first guess was the fuel pump, so we jumped the relay and it works. Tried starting the...

99 honda civic, engine light blinking, engine start jumping. [ 4 Answers ]

When I was driving home, my car start shaking, then I stopped and turn the engine off. When I started back up, the engine still little jumpy and the engine light start blinking. Did any body knows what's going on? Please help. Thanks

92 civic lx engine turns but does not start up [ 1 Answers ]

The car is a honda civic but the gentleman from whom I bought the car from said he had the motor swapped out. He is not sure what car the motor came from because the mechanic who did it for him passed away days after. The Car is stick and I have no idea where to begin.The guy I bought the car from...

1990 Olds Toronado engine turns but doesn't start [ 1 Answers ]

Can anyone help with this: My engine had been stalling at idle speed and hesitating while on the road. Yesterday it stalled while I was waiting for a grenn light and wouldn't start again. Since then I have replaced the fuel filter but it's still the same. I also installed the most inexpensive...

Engine turns over, no fire, no fuel [ 1 Answers ]

Have a 92 festiva that changed water pump on and when the key is turned to on the fuel pump does not turn on and there is no fire at the plugs. Have tore it all back down and checked all the wires and timing belt, all seems to be okay. Checked alldata's service manual and did the pin point tests...

View more questions Search