Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    smokeater Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Mar 20, 2009, 05:28 PM
    What constitutes abandonment in va.
    My wife and I decided to separate,and we agreed to sell our house since neither one of us can really afford it on one income, but she found a house and moved out with the kids leaving me with all the bills, both of our names are on the mortgage, but she claims to have found a place that is letting her rent to own even thugh she is on a mortgage already. Could this be considered abandonment
    stevetcg Posts: 3,693, Reputation: 353
    Ultra Member

Mar 20, 2009, 05:33 PM

What do you hope to accomplish even if it were abandonment? Meaning... what is it that you want? Do you want her to be arrested? Do you want alimony?

Mar 20, 2009, 05:38 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by stevetcg View Post
    What do you hope to accomplish even if it were abandonment? Meaning... what is it that you want? Do you want her to be arrested? Do you want alimony?
    What am I entitled to

Mar 20, 2009, 05:42 PM
    If it is abandonment what are my rights
    If it is considered abandonment what if anything am I entitled to? What can I do.
    Ultra Member

Mar 20, 2009, 05:47 PM

A divorce and your share of the custody and support of the kids. What were you looking for?
    Ultra Member

Mar 20, 2009, 05:47 PM

You were not abandoned. You were left. You are entitled to a divorce. Feel free to file.
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Mar 20, 2009, 06:07 PM

I merged yuour too threads. Please do not start a new thread for a follow-up question. Use the Answer This Question options.

You said that you decided to separate. That means it was a mutual decision that one of you would move out. So she left. Why would you even think this was abandonment?

The next step after separation of divorce. So you file for divorce and negotiate a division of assets and custody of the children.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Time limit constitutes child abandonment [ 2 Answers ]

What time limit constitutes child abandonment in the state of wa? What is the procedure for filing child abandoment and where do I get the correct forms?

What constitutes a NR status? [ 1 Answers ]

Hi Experts, I live in the state of Georgia and got married to a US citizen in April 2007. My husband lives in Maryland. We did not live together in 2007. I had a J-1 visa previously and had received the 2 year residency exemption. I have an employment authorization card that is valid from June...

What constitutes sound mind? [ 1 Answers ]

My grandmother is very forgetful especially when she is under stress, then many times she is fine and doesn't forget. She always knows who people are and general things about herself, she remembers past things that happened in her life like that her only two children she had died as adults and she...

What constitutes child abandonment? [ 1 Answers ]

Almost 2 years ago my fiancée was awarded primary custody of his daughter. Her mother has disappeared (again) to Georgia (we think) the last time she had contact with the child was December 23,2007 for her holiday visitation, we received a call from the mother asking us to pick the child up...

What constitutes income [ 3 Answers ]

Does the money my ex-wife receives from her live in boyfriend count towards her income? He pays monies toward the mortgage and utility bills and the house belongs to her.

View more questions Search