Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    failure Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Sep 1, 2006, 11:41 PM
    I think I've ruined all trust I had with my parents and I don't even think they even like me anymore! I lost all Aims in life and I'm starting my GCSE's in a couple weeks. I had top marks in all tests in year 9. but now I don't think I can be bothered in year 10. Anyway, its because me and a mate thought it would be fun to steal some stuff from a Monday market. So we did. Then it got out of hand. We started stealing from other more expensive places. Eventually everything was worth about £500. We started selling as quickly as possible but only sold half of it before I forgot to hide it and my mum found it in my bag.

She didn't tell me that she knew but she told my dad who is just thinking... well I don't even know. He used to be so proud of me, but not anymore. She then found out my mate was doing it and told his parents. He's screwed like me. My mum says she wants to rebuild trust aslong as I don't do anything like that again. (which I'm not going to) She then said 'i'm sorry but we are going to have to punish you one way for your own good you know that don't you' (which of course I do as it will teach me not to do it again.

I'm not allowed out for a while which has cut me off with my girlfriend that I can see getting angry at me for!! I know she won't break up with me because we love each other but we would only see each other at school and during week-ends. Could you tell me how I could get to see her more than that and what I should say to my parents?

Anyway here's the story, now can anyone please help me out like advice to gain trust weather I need help just anything please I'm so confused!! Thanks.

Also the day she found the stuff was when my dad was reffing a football match I was playing. Someone hacked me out so I got up and hit him a few times. (I couldn't stop, I didn't know who I was until after it happened it was weird) anyway I was sent off. Then he took me home and the storey above happened. My mum has said for ages that I need help with my temper but can anyone help me control myself I don't know what's going on!!
    worthbeads Posts: 538, Reputation: 45

Sep 2, 2006, 06:43 AM
    Talk to your parents. First tell them you're very sorry, and you regret all of it. Then, ask them for help. They might not trust you now, but it would help if you asked them how you could regain their trust. Another thing that would help is to think of the consequences before you do anything. Ask yourself,"What would Mum and Dad think"
    JoeCanada76 Posts: 6,669, Reputation: 1707
    Uber Member

Sep 2, 2006, 06:50 AM
    First of all you're a teenager. How old are you? We all have lessons in life. Learning by them. Your punishment is mild compared to others. Suck it up. Do your punishment. You did the crime. So your parents are being easy on you. You said you will not do it again. Then don't. It is that simple. Your temper? Is there anybody else in the family that have a temper? Could be hereditary. There are ways of learning how to control your anger. There is military. Cadets. There is martial arts. Meditation is also a great way to learn how to have inner peace which intern will help control temper. Talk to your parents about joining a club that teaches dicipline.

Joe
    failure Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Sep 2, 2006, 07:52 AM
    Thanks both of you for your answers and yes my grandad had a temper like mine and I'm 14 (when my grandad was 14 I looked almost the same so I think that's where I got it from) I am also very angry still from two years ago when my grandad got killed by someone! And thanks I will consider your suggestments.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Kitten - urgent advice needed [ 4 Answers ]

Dear All, We brought home a stray kitten at the age of 2 weeks. Everything had been all right with him until the time he got about 4 months old. We were about to take him to the vet for the initial vacination when suddenly he started losing hair on his head. There appeared some small verruca like...

I need help *URGENT* [ 5 Answers ]

My husband is divorced and has one child from this previous marriage (who's a teenager now) and his 'ex' (who is married to a wealthy man) keeps on trying to blackmail us, demanding a large amount of money that we don't have in order to leave us alone. Since she didn't get what she wants she is...

How do I... (urgent) [ 12 Answers ]

I'm going to make this straight and to the point as possible. I've been ignorin a girl testing whether she likes me but after sometime she's also started to play busy even though she's tried to meet with me and I play dumb.The tricky part is she isn't no pushover and doesn't take crap from no one...

View more questions Search