Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    avery208 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Mar 20, 2009, 02:21 PM
    Anxious dog
    My min. schnauzer (3 1/2 years old) has been anxious since birth. She will not come to anyone, sits in the house and keeps an eye on the doors most of the time. Someone comes to the door she goes crazy. Took her to obidence school, she can do the sit and stay no problem (she is very smart) It took a long time to get her to come out from under the chair at school and except the other dogs and trainer but she never really warmed up to anyone. My brother comes over once a week and finilly gets her to take food from him but the next time he comes it is like she never know him. There is more but I think you get the idea. I finilly talked my vet into trying Amitriptyline with her. It has only been a week but she almost seems to be a bit worse. When she hears the cell phone beep cause the battery is low she sits in the corner and shakes, she used to only do that now and then with another noise. I was wondering about trying L-Tryptophan. Any suggestions would be welcomed. Thanks
    Texie Studstill Posts: 32, Reputation: 2

Mar 20, 2009, 02:32 PM

Well you seem to have a pretty extreme case. For dogs that are that bad off there is not a lot that you can do for them, not that I'm saying you don't have options. I believe that any dog can be cured of any problem. Give her something to do with her time,to make her think and not pay quiet so much attentio9n to her surrounding. Schnauzers are very smart dogs,like you said before.during the day try to set up a schedule. Get a keenle and cover the sides so that it is dark inside and let her have access to that during the day.Start having other people feed her and walk her so that she see's themas good. You can also try getting a pupy if all else fails. Something gentel and energetic to keep her on hertoes, like a lab puppy
    shazamataz Posts: 6,642, Reputation: 1244
    Uber Member

Mar 22, 2009, 04:45 AM
    My poodle (the one who has the weeing problem) is exactly the same, she is 2 years old and if anyone comes in the house she barks non stop at them, I either have to have her sitting right next to me or put her outside. She was socialized from a very young age as she was intended to be a show dog but it's just something she/i have to bear with I'm afraid.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Anxious about alcohol [ 13 Answers ]

I haven't drank alcohol in 2 months and lately I been having cravings! The holydays are coming and I don't want to drink. My questions is, is it safe to drink non-alcoholic beers? I am also thinking about going out with my friend to the bar and drink but don't want to. Will I relapse?

Don't know what to do - very anxious [ 4 Answers ]

Hello I am a single mum of two children aged 10 & 13 - I have been separated from their father for 7 years, I receive no maintenance from my children's father and together we own the house I live in, I receive income support and interest payments on my mortgage.I have been in a relationship for...

Anxious, anxious, ANXIOUS! [ 3 Answers ]

I'm soooooo anxious to know if I am pregnant or not. The thing that struck me as so odd was that about 9 days ago had very slight spotting only for about a day. I never get mid-cycle bleeding especially since I am on the pill. Could it have been implantation bleeding I keep wondering? I've been...

View more questions Search