Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Revant Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Sep 1, 2006, 03:28 PM
    80ish Sci-fi Mech Movie
    I'm trying to remember the name of an old movie I watched a few times as a kid and I want to try to watch again. Im sure it's a horrible movie and all I remember is its about this guy that finds a Mech in some sort of underground base and he has to use it to fight some sort of arch-nemsis mech. Him and a scientist guy fix it up and I also rember it had like a secret laser thingy ma jig in a chest compartment.

Any help at all would be fantastic! Been try to figure this out for days...
    southerngalps Posts: 1,334, Reputation: 112
    Ultra Member

Oct 19, 2006, 02:58 PM
    There was a movie called "Real Genius" with Val Kilmer. There was a laser beam involved. Sounds like it might be it.

southerngalps
    seandorian Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Nov 27, 2006, 03:51 AM
    I too remember a similar movie, and have been searching around looking for the name of it. I came across this question and thought I'd pass along the info I found. I believe that the movie is one of the following: Robot Jox (1990), Crash & Burn (1990), Moon 44 (1990), or Arena (1989). They are all four set in the future in which humans fight in mechs. Look them up on IMDB and check out the posters/trailers, one of them is bound to be it

After watching the trailers.. the movie you are thinking of is definitely Crash & Burn
    xxxxx123 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Mar 21, 2008, 06:59 AM
    Gunhed / Ganheddo (1989)

Synopsis

In the year 2038, a group of scavengers enter the complex of the renegade Kyron-5 in search of precious element Texmexium. Death befalls each one until only the mechanic Brooklyn is left. He meets a stranded Texas Air Ranger and two children living in the rubble. They must destroy Kyron-5 in order to escape and to save humanity from its wrath. Brooklyn discovers a GUNHED (Gun UNit Heavy Elimination Device) combat robot and restores it. Meanwhile, Babe has been transformed into a bio-droid and is seeking out Sergeant Nim and the Texmexium she stole. In order to save her and destroy Kyron-5, Brooklyn must overcome his fear of cockpits and pilot the GUNHED all the way to the top of the tower. On the way, he faces the combined defenses of the complex.
    Gunhed (film) - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
    Russ Revo Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Aug 29, 2008, 01:08 PM
    The movie you are thinking about is Robot Wars (1993)
    Directed by Albert Band. With Don Michael Paul, Barbara Crampton, James Stale.

Still a good movie!! I likes the robots!:)
    KJ29 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jul 30, 2009, 04:43 PM
    I'm not sure, but I think the movie you're talking about is Robot Jox. It came out circa 1990.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Very Very Vague Description of 80's Children Movie... Need movie title [ 8 Answers ]

Ok there's probably no hope here but I'll try anyway... There is a movie I watched when I was very young and would like to get a hold of it. It was in the mid 80's when I watched it but the movie could have been made in the 70's sometime. Pretty much the only part I can remember is these...

Movie Title Help? 80's Movie? [ 6 Answers ]

Hello All. I need help with the title of a movie I remember from when I was younger. I think the movie was made in the 80's, but possibly early 90's. The main character was a man who came back to earth to help the son of a woman who he loved. She is now married and has a son in High School. I...

Please help if you know what movie this is! [ 1 Answers ]

There was this movie I saw when I was little in the mid to late 80's. I don't remember the plot of the movie or who was in it, but I remember a part towards the end. These people, I think they were children, are in some sort of fantasy land. They are trying to get one of the kids to go down this...

Help! What movie is this? [ 3 Answers ]

I guess this must be a 70s or early 80s movie. A couple who had lost their only child travels to the countryside, to an old house, which belonged to their family. On their way they have an accident, crashing the car into a tree. They walk to the house. One of them starts hearing strange noises and...

View more questions Search