Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    bonnie1943 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Mar 19, 2009, 08:33 PM
    Break glass taboo in Taiwan
    Bernard's mom is from Taiwan; he was raised that to break glass is bad luck and to reverse the bad luck you have to smack the glass breaker twice and they have to smack you back once. For instance, when he was growing up, if he broke a dish, his mom would slap him (lightly) on the hand and then he would have to smack her (lightly) on her hand.
    Gernald Posts: 901, Reputation: 93
    Expert

Mar 19, 2009, 08:57 PM

Interesting... but er... what's the question?
    bonnie1943 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Mar 19, 2009, 09:16 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by bonnie1943 View Post
    Bernard's mom is from Taiwan; he was raised that to break glass is bad luck and to reverse the bad luck you have to smack the glass breaker twice and they have to smack you back once. For instance, when he was growing up, if he broke a dish, his mom would slap him (lightly) on the hand and then he would have to smack her (lightly) on her hand.
    Looking for source, history and usage of this tradition.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Installation of glass panels and door on glass tiles [ 1 Answers ]

I have installed 6"x12" glass tiles for my shower room. The glass people came and installed the frameless glass panels and doors for the shower. They had no problem drilling holes for the hinges, but after they installed the panel and door, some of the glass tiles around the hinges started to crack...

How can I break a glass mirror in my bathroom [ 4 Answers ]

I need help with a question. I have a glass mirror in my bathroon I would like to take down but it will not budge.. it is cracked and I don't want it to fall.. what is the proper way to take it down?

Taiwan [ 5 Answers ]

Does the Kuomintang electoral victory mean an eventual peaceful Taiwan reunification with mainland China ?

View more questions Search