Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    abrightl Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Mar 19, 2009, 06:27 PM
    Very old black and white movie title needed, possibly French.
    I am seeking the title of an old black and white movie, possibly with a French title. There is a dreamlike scene in the movie where an older man with long beard (looks a lot like Freud) is walking down a very European looking street -- devoid of people, in a time that looks like WW I, and he encounters a hearse cart. If memory serves me correctly, in the hearse-cart he finds a coffin and encounter himself sitting in it. Then there is an image of a large Big Ben looking clock.

The excerpt from this movie described above was shown in a psychology class where the presenter was talking about neo-Freudian imagery. A friend of mine in film-study knew the foreign title immediately when I described the scene above, but he told me ten years ago when I didn't have a pen. The title and the friend are long gone, but now I am obsessed with seeing this film.

Can anyone offer a title? Thanks!
    Poonaroon Posts: 6, Reputation: 2

Sep 13, 2009, 07:30 PM
    That sounds like the opening of Wild Strawberries.
    waterlily11 Posts: 16, Reputation: 1

Sep 14, 2009, 02:37 PM

The Cabinet of Dr. Calgeri (sp?) which is German and silent I think.
    abrightl Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Sep 20, 2009, 07:30 PM

Thank you Poonaroon! You have nailed it. I've obtained a copy and it is in fact Wild Strawberries (Smultronstället) a 1957 Swedish movie (Smultronstället (1957)). Thanks again for your help, I couldn't have found it without you. Cheers!. A

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Title of old black and white movie [ 1 Answers ]

The movie is old and pretty sure it is in black and white it has a father that has alligators in his house in their own room and he has a daughter that has a boyfriend and the boyfriend comes over and the dad wants to go boxing in the other room with him and they go a couple of a rounds and the boy...

Dead white pitbull (Dexter?) "tells" its story in a black/white French(?) 90's-movie [ 2 Answers ]

Hello. I tried for several hours to find the title of this movie on Google and IMDB through countless searches. As I recall, this is quite a strange 1-hour film about a dog (white pitbull called Dexter or Boxer, I think) that sits quietly and still on a chair looking straight at the camera. We can...

Title of old black and white movie [ 2 Answers ]

Hi Everyone, please help me out with this. I was born in 63 and remember seeing an old black and white film about a woman who wore a choker necklace and told her new husband it could never come off. It drove her husband nuts and when he finally took it off, her head fell off. For the life of me,...

Need a title for old black and white movie [ 1 Answers ]

I remember watching a movie about a minister who starts churches and then he moves on to another church. It's an old black and white movie which ends with him playing the organ in the church and the neibhbordhood people come to the outside of the church to listen. Thanks.

Title of old black & white movie [ 1 Answers ]

I've been searching for a year for a title of an old movie that I saw years ago, and I've just discovered your site. It was about a woman in love with an insecure pianist (or violinist). It seems like a symphony conductor (?) moved upstairs, (he was very handsome and seems like he wore a cape),...

View more questions Search