Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    TWyeth Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Mar 19, 2009, 07:49 AM
    Bath Mixer tap
    How do I repair a bath mixer tap when the water is running half into the bath & only half is going up to the shower head? The control for the water to go up the shower head is by pressing down a ring on the bath tap just at the bottom of the hose leading to the shower head.
    Milo Dolezal Posts: 7,192, Reputation: 523
    Plumbing Expert

Mar 19, 2009, 08:08 AM

Most likely, the diverter on top of the spout is malfunctioning. You have two choices:

1. Rebuild the existing spout/diverter
    2. Install new spout with diverter

We usually replace spout since it is hard to get replacement parts for diverter. Spouts are not so expensive and it is a sure fix.
    ballengerb1 Posts: 27,378, Reputation: 2280
    Home Repair & Remodeling Expert

Mar 19, 2009, 08:27 AM

Milo, you got this right for 99.9% of this complaint. However, I am hoping TW can post a picture of her valve, I think we may have something different going on here, maybe. Bob

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Shower and bath mixer not working as it should [ 2 Answers ]

Iam having a problem with my shower mixer, it was leaking water to the bath, I change all three washers, and stop the leak, but now when I switch to shower, I am getting water both at the shower and at the tub as well, what have I done , ezra foster [1599136

Thermostatic shower ony works when I turn on an off the bath mixer tap? [ 4 Answers ]

I changed a like for like thermostatic shower which is powered by a pump. However when I switch on the new shower the pump does not kick in, unless I turn on and off either the bath or basin taps? Does anyone have any ideas as to what the problem could be?

I am turning A 1/2 bath into a full bath and have questions before I start [ 4 Answers ]

My House was built in 1963 the plumbing is all copper drain and water lines the Bathroom is on the 2nd floor in the master bedroom. Is is Possible to tap into the waste pipe for the toilet. The toilet is the end of the run to that side of the house. I am thinking the only way to access this is to...

Adding bath drain in concrete for existing half bath [ 1 Answers ]

I want to turn a half bath into a full bath in my basement. Currently the washer and dryer along with the water heater are in the half bath along with the commode and sink. I want to add a bath tub and the lay out of the room is such that the tub installation would probably require less work if it...

Cutting cement for plumbing 3/4 bath to full bath [ 3 Answers ]

We are currently in the middle of changing our basement 3/4 bath into a full bath. The bathroom is 5.5' by 13.5'. We want to put the sink where the shower was and put a tub/shower where the sink was. (because the space where the shower was is too small for a tub). The old sink drain is centered 4...

View more questions Search