Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    mar1149 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Mar 19, 2009, 04:42 AM
    My boyfriend is being required to pay $6,000 declaration fee in Ghanna to leave there
    My boyfriend has been in Accra, Ghana since early February. He purchase some gold land and they mined the gold. He has paid for everything. Now he is ready to return to the United States and the customs officials say that he must pay a $6,000 Declaration Fee!

He does not have the money and neither do I. What can we do? He is a U.S. citizen. He says he has met with officers at the U.S. Embassey, but they tell him he has to pay it. The whole thing makes no sense to me.
    sarnian Posts: 462, Reputation: 9
    -

Mar 19, 2009, 04:50 AM
    Hello mar

Well, if that are the laws of the country, what can one do?

What quantities are involved? If a couple of ounces only : let a gold smith make some simple jewelry or other item from it, and carry that on the body on return. The cost of the gold smith will be much less than that $6,000 Declaration Fee. And of course you had that chain or bracelet already a long time... :)

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Should I leave with my boyfriend or no? [ 28 Answers ]

You see, he came up about three months ago.. I live in Oregon, and he lived in Nevada. Things were good.. until about two weeks when he broke his arm.. I was there taking him to the ER.. I stayed there by his side the whole time.. I stayed up that whole night helping him out and crying.. the...

How do I leave my boyfriend [ 2 Answers ]

I am in a bad, sad, sorry excuse for a relationship. We yo-yo extreme love for each other and terrible hatred. I am tired and want to end this cycle. We have two children and I stay at home with them. I desperately want to continue homeschooling them, ( that is the sole reason we are still...

Why I can't seem to leave my boyfriend alone [ 4 Answers ]

I need help bad, he treat me so bad. He donot spend time with me.

Boyfriend won't leave [ 1 Answers ]

My boyfriend and I have been living together for 1 year. His name is not on the lease and he is refusing to leave. We leave in Va. Is there anything that I can do?

Should I leave him alone or help my boyfriend? [ 21 Answers ]

I love my boyfriend very much.He also loves me so much.But his parents didn't accept as I belong to different culture.So fixed his marriage. But now he still find out d way to break his marriage and try to convice his parents. Even I askd him to tell everything to that gal but he afraid to do...

View more questions Search