Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    tijuanillo Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Mar 18, 2009, 10:32 PM
    Honda del sol 93 won't start after been parked for a couple months
    My honda del sol 93 won't start it was sitting on the driveway for the cold months (probably like 6 months) I have bought a new battery, I do have a spark, the main relay does click twice, the fuses are all OK, I put new gas on the car since the gas has been there for all the time that the car was park, I spray a car started and it work for a few seconds, I have removed the gas line gasket and it didn't squirt gas and the gas pump won't make any noise it all but I have check for power going to the pump and it seems that its not getting any could it be the gas pump or something else?? Or could the gas pump be clog??
    TxGreaseMonkey Posts: 16,761, Reputation: 5597
    Uber Member

Mar 19, 2009, 07:09 AM

. Test all underdash and underhood fuses with a test light or multimeter:

https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/cars-t...tml#post252145

Test for power through the fuses, with the ignition switch ON.

. Following the steps outlined below will help:

https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/cars-t...ml#post1245523
    tijuanillo Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Mar 19, 2009, 01:51 PM

When I used the light tester some of the fuses didn't turn on I replace them with new ones and still won't turn on also the terminal 7 on the main relay won't turn on the light tester so what should I do??
    TxGreaseMonkey Posts: 16,761, Reputation: 5597
    Uber Member

Mar 19, 2009, 02:27 PM

. Ensure you tested all underhood fuses. Underhood fuses 31 (to main relay) and 39 (to ignition switch) may be blown. My gut is that many underdash fuses don't have power, because one or more underhood power distribution fuses are blown.

. Check the ignition switch for wear, pitting, or melting:

https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/cars-t...tml#post224652

If you still don't have power to a number of fuses, the ignition switch may be bad.

. Remove each fuse that doesn't test okay and spray the female fuse box connector with WD-40. Terminal 7 may not have power because the ACG (S) (ALT) fuse, providing power to Terminal 5, has blown. It is somewhat obscure, being located in the upper right SRS fuse block--this is a crucial fuse.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

1997 honda civic dx won't crank won't start [ 17 Answers ]

I have a 1997 honda civic dx 5 speed. Yesterday car was fine, started strong and drove strong. I parked car last night and about 4-5 hours later tried to start it. When I turned the key in the ignition there was no crank at all. I can hear a little hum and then a click but that's all.

97 honda won't start/cranks won't fire [ 1 Answers ]

My fuses are good. car won't fire but cranks and its getting gas. It was fine I shut it off and 5 min later nothing

My 85 honda won't start [ 1 Answers ]

When I turn the key all it does is click. I changed the starter didn't solve it. Battery is good. What is wrong?

Honda won't start [ 1 Answers ]

Last night my car battery light came on in my honda civic 94 this morning when I woke up it won't start. When I put the ignition on the on position all lights go on but when I try to start it it won't turn over all the way... makes a clicking sound what is wrong with it how would I no if it's the...

View more questions Search