Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Angelb1227 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Mar 18, 2009, 04:56 PM
    Papillon wetting on himself
    We have a male (approx 10 months old) natural Papillon who routinely wets on himself (chest and front legs) when he is let outside to potty. We have 2 other dogs in the house, a male neutered Chihuahua (2 yrs old) and a female, spayed retriever mix (approx 1 yr old). Neither of these other 2 dogs have ever had this problem so I am not sure why or how the Papillon is doing this. Would it stop if we neutered him or is that even a factor? He is pretty well housebroken (a small accident here or there) and he does "mark" everything around the house.
    Any advise would be great!
    shazamataz Posts: 6,642, Reputation: 1244
    Uber Member

Mar 19, 2009, 04:09 AM
    Getting him fixed is just generally a good idea. Sounds like what our male poodle does, he is really clean in the house but when he goes outside to go to the toilet he ummm... isn't a good aim... he tends to miss the grass and wee on his front legs. When he was in show coat we used to put waterproof boots on him just made of fabric with elastic at top and bottom.
    I don't know if that would be very practical for you but if he only goes outside at certain times to wee it might be a thought :)

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Bed-wetting [ 33 Answers ]

:( Does anyone have any advice on what to do about bed-wetting? Here's a little history: -We have a seven year old boy who continues to wet the bed every night. (Almost, there are a couple of times a year he goes without doing it. He's even gone up to about 4 days without then all of a sudden...

Hellp my papillon dog won't eat her food what shouild I do [ 2 Answers ]

Hello I have a 1/2 year old female papillon dog I adopted from the local shelter last Thursday. It has been 8 days now and she will only eat little amouts of dog food and if my fiancé hand feeds her she will only eat and we need to stop this. We are trying to get her to eat nutro natural choice...

14week Papillon pooping inside [ 1 Answers ]

I have trained my puppy to urinate outside, but she refuses to deficate outside. She will cry when we are outside, to go inside to deficate. I don't know what to do and how to make her comfortable pooping outside. Please help. Thanks Sarah

Papillon/Poodle has Potty Issues after Spay [ 1 Answers ]

My 8-month-old papillon-poodle mix was potty-trained (and had never had an accident in her crate) up until about two weeks ago when she was spayed. The first week afterwards, she had diarrhea at least twice a day in her crate. A few people suggested giving her 1/2 a pepto chewable, which helped,...

Papillon freezing and won't potty outside. [ 1 Answers ]

Ok.. I brought my 10 week old papillon home 3 days ago from the petstore. She is on a schedule with feeding and I take her out every time she wakes up, eats, or comes out of her crate. We stay out as long as I can stand it (or until she's shivering uncontrollably) but all she does is whine. If I...

View more questions Search