Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    kristingriffin1 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Aug 31, 2006, 07:40 PM
    About codes in bathroom sinks
    Hi my home was inspected today and on the report it says that under my bathroom sink is a thick black hose attached to the pvc it was like that when I bought my home. The buyer is wanting it to be different do I have to change it is a code that it has to all be pvc or are they just trying to get what they want not what is code. Please help me answer this question asap thank you. :)
    speedball1 Posts: 29,301, Reputation: 1939
    Eternal Plumber

Sep 1, 2006, 05:09 AM
    Not knowing your local codes I can't answer that, however, if the lavatory is trapped and vented this sounds like a Fernco Coupling that connects the tail of the trap to the stubout coming out of the wall. If this is the case there's nothing in my Standard Plumbing Code Book that prohibits this. If it's been working for years I can see no reason to change it outside of looks. Good luck, Tom

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

TV Codes... [ 3 Answers ]

Ok, so I have this Hampton Bay Universal Video and Fan Remote, but when I put in these new batteries for it, it seems to have lost whatever code I gave it that told it what kind of TV I had, and I can't seem to find my manual for it, so does anyone have the manual that says what code I need to give...

Smell in bathroom sinks [ 5 Answers ]

Hello, We have a house that was built in 2004 and in the past few months I have noticed this really bad smell coming from my drains in the master bath sinks. We have a double sink in this bathroom and notice it coming more from one than the other... any idea on what this could be and what needs...

Kitchen sinks drains to shower tub [ 3 Answers ]

Help! I'm a first time home owner with an Eichler built on concrete slab from the 1950s in Northern Cal. My kitchen sink is draining into my shower tub up through the drain. The shower then takes *hours* to slowly drain away. Meaning we can't wash dishes or us! Bathroom sink and toilet drain...

Country codes [ 4 Answers ]

Who decided on the country dialling codes? When were these brought in? How were they decided? Country code +44 UK Country code +91 India etc...

Printer Codes [ 2 Answers ]

>:( Does anyone know what a flashing printer code 1, 10 Means on a Lexmark Medley 4C? Lexmark has dropped support for this old combo. Roy Randall Randall Electronics

View more questions Search