Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    justinwinz13 Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

Apr 19, 2012, 07:11 PM
    Hey. I have the same problem although I have a question. Were your veins on the surface of your skin? Because one of my veins are right on the surface of the skin. Can this be treated? Thanks

Apr 19, 2012, 07:12 PM
    Hey. I have the same problem although I have a question. Were your veins on the surface of your skin? Because one of my veins are right on the surface of the skin. Can this be treated? Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by AllDayKK View Post
    also feel free to pm me with any questions, I would like nothing more then to help allocate and assist someone who has the same problem as I used to. Its such a terrible feeling to have a stupid natural problem you can do nothing about by yourself.
    AllDayKK Posts: 5, Reputation: 1

Apr 19, 2012, 07:46 PM
    Yes. Basically my veins ran right under my eyes. They basically completed my dark circles. So think when someone has normal dark circles imagine my veins connected to where those ended and went up the other way, making basically a full half circle under each eye made me feel like a raccoon kind of or something. But yes for me most of it is genetic most people in my family have it and its because the skin is so shallow there that those veins can even be seen.

We have veins running all through our head/temple/whatever region, we just don't really see them ever because the skin is much thicker then under the eye, which is the thinnest on the body I believe.

Sounds like you have exactly what I did. If its blue veins anywhere around your eye in the thinner area, laser treatment is exactly what you need to get rid of it. It will be like a whole new beginning to life, I know mine is right now

Apr 19, 2012, 08:07 PM
    I see. One more question for you. Does the laser surgery get rid of the vein or does it just make it fade away. Because I thought it was bad if you got rid of a vein when its suppose to carry blood through your body. Thanks

Apr 19, 2012, 08:29 PM
    I see. One more question for you. Does the laser surgery get rid of the vein or does it just make it fade away. Because I thought it was bad if you got rid of a vein when its suppose to carry blood through your body. And how long has it been since your first surgery?

Quote Originally Posted by AllDayKK View Post
    Yes. Basically my veins ran right under my eyes. They basically completed my dark circles. So think when someone has normal dark circles imagine my veins connected to where those ended and went up the other way, making basically a full half circle under each eye made me feel like a raccoon kind of or something. But yes for me most of it is genetic most people in my family have it and its because the skin is so shallow there that those veins can even be seen.

We have veins running all through our head/temple/whatever region, we just dont really see them ever because the skin is much thicker then under the eye, which is the thinnest on the body I believe.

Sounds like you have exactly what I did. If its blue veins anywhere around your eye in the thinner area, laser treatment is exactly what you need to get rid of it. It will be like a whole new beginning to life, i know mine is right now
    AllDayKK Posts: 5, Reputation: 1

Apr 20, 2012, 12:11 PM
    It causes the vein to shrink and retract and either move and retreat deeper or just fade out. You are not at any risk because you have a whole entire roadmap of veins all interconnecting. Also keep in mind, that with these type of veins, you can discover new ones in new locations later as they can always appear later or become more noticeable later, that's what I was told. Its been about 5 days from the last treatment. I was only a little tender for the night after and maybe a bit the next day. It depends on the person and how large the veins are how tender you will be obviously, but its just a little bit of redness, that's literally it. Let me know if you have any more questions! And call the contact I left for who treated me! If you mention my name she will most likely get you a great deal!
    mattyice321 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

May 11, 2012, 02:20 AM
    If you keep a wet cloth on your eye for a good 5 min a day for a month, and put kucumber slices or potato slices for a month it doesn't work as well as laser treatment but it helps in the fading away of it. Also put sun screen around and on the vein comes it gets worse with the more exposure to sun light

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

I can see blue veins around my eyes [ 5 Answers ]

Hi guys I'm new to this site and looking for some help. I'm 25 years old and in the past year I have noticed the skin around my eyes get thinner and now you can all the blue veins around my eyes. Does anyone else have this problem? Can anyone recommend any products to use? Its so embarrasiing...

Blue veins under my eyes [ 111 Answers ]

Ive always had these really dark blue veins under my eyes. I went to the dermatologist today to see about getting laser treatment done to get rid of them. The doctor told me as with all procedures there is risks but that since its so close to my eye there's serious risks. I was just wondering if...

Veins under eyes [ 3 Answers ]

Hi, I'm a guy, and although I'm not overly bothered about my appearance, recently people have been remarking on the veins under my eyes, (they're not dark circles, just quite prominent veins.) I was just wondering if there's any way I can get rid of them, i.e. lasered and how much that would cost...

Veins under eyes [ 2 Answers ]

Hi am a 21 year old young lady, and I've been noticing some veins under my eyes. Can someone tell me how to get rid of them please.

View more questions Search