Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    rubymax Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Mar 18, 2009, 02:38 PM
    1 hour lockout - What next?
    I have a Rheem Criterion II gas furnace. The unit starts and runs okay most of the time. However it will stop occasionally and will go into 1-hour lockout mode (based on light codes) . What is causing unit to work properly sometimes and not others?

I have checked the orange flame light. It appears to be on steady.
    (When running) I cleaned it as described. It is currently working but it's hard to say if that is due to the handy work or just dumb luck. Any other suggestions?
    KC13 Posts: 2,556, Reputation: 99
    Ultra Member

Mar 18, 2009, 07:21 PM
    Wait and see. Timed lockouts are usually related to ignition faults, such as dirty flame sensors. If this is what you cleaned, credit your handywork if the problem disappears. Otherwise, if the problem is gone, sometimes it's better to be lucky than to be good!
    rubymax Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Mar 19, 2009, 04:53 AM

So far so good, yet it has only been about 16 hours. Yes, I failed to state clearly that it was the flame sensor that I had cleaned (as described in a separate posting).
    We'll soon see I guess... Thanks for your help!

Also, 16x28x4 filters for this thing... are they made from gold? $30 a piece, one is on its way - but I now have a good idea why it hasn't been changed regularly.
    fuss86 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Dec 9, 2010, 04:31 AM
    Rheem model rgph07eauer goes into 1 hour lock out

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Dodge Ram Overdrive Lockout [ 1 Answers ]

The lock-out indicator light in my 94' Dodge Cummins Diesel 2500 Ram pickup stays on and the transmission will not shift into overdrive. I have tried disconnecting the speed indicator and checked and cleaned all the electrical contacts. If I disconnect the lockout switch it still won't shift into...

Gas furnace lockout [ 1 Answers ]

My gas furnace will light, but then the flame goes away within a few seconds. It does this several times and then the LED light blinks six times which the sticker on the furnace indicates means a system lockout. What can I do to repair this?

Boiler on lockout [ 1 Answers ]

Hi I have a worcester 9/14cbi boiler. It has been in place for 5 years, but has been playing up for 2 years so far. Things have got progressively worse, and now it is pretty much constantly on lockout. In the last 2 weeks I have had a new pump, new circuit board, new sensor leads and the whole...

Tenant Lockout [ 1 Answers ]

I'm renting weekly for a commercial space in VA. I have a signed lease. What are my rights regarding the landlord locking me out of the space? I would like to know if the "wrongful eviction/lockout" is worth pursuing? My payments were behind by 4 weeks, but I never paid weekly from the start; I...

Coleman Gas Furnace Lockout [ 2 Answers ]

I have a Coleman Evcon gas furnace in my garage, and when the temperature outside gets extremely cold (like 14 deg right now) the furnace will lockout and not re-light. The garage door is pretty shot, so this furnace has been exposed to the elements for a number of years... I have had a...

View more questions Search