Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    stilllooking Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Mar 18, 2009, 02:10 PM
    Could really use some opinions on what to do
    So I started dating this girl a few months back, we have known each other for a year or two but were on a more of a first name basis for that time... had a fun night out with a bunch of friends one night and I worked it up to ask her out... and now that we have been dating a little while I can't help but get jealous because one of her best friends is a guy, in fact a guy who about a month ago didn't tell her how he liked her and everything... but now there still friends and I don't know, it may just be me overthinking but now she seems to not be really putting any effort into keeping the realationship going, and they go out to lunch and stuff together. Plus she has kept notes that he has written her from way back, nothing romantic I don't think... but still the fact that she has kept them when she knows he wrote them before telling her that he had feelings...

Should I be jealous/worried about anything, I really like this girl but its driving me crazy when she says stuff like, I'm working today so we can't hangout anymore sorry, but then goes and has lunch with him the next day before they both go to work...

Thank-you for reading and sorry in adavance about spelling
    stilllooking Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Mar 18, 2009, 02:26 PM

Don't know if I'm allowed to do this but I could really use some advice so *bump*
    liz28 Posts: 4,662, Reputation: 1034
    Ultra Member

Mar 18, 2009, 02:51 PM

So your upset that she isn't putting an effort into the two of you by proiritizing her time for you and only giving excuses when it comes to you? I would upset over this too and I would have a talk with her about.
    talaniman Posts: 54,325, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Mar 18, 2009, 03:36 PM

Maybe its time to date someone who has more time for you. I would, and have. Read my signature, that's always been my attitude.
    I wish Posts: 5,296, Reputation: 2030
    Family & People Expert

Mar 18, 2009, 03:48 PM

I'm confused on what your status is with her. Are you guys just casually dating or are you actually boyfriend and girlfriend?

If you are casually dating, then there's nothing you can do because there is no commitment.

If you are girlfriend and boyfriend, then...

If you confront her, she might find you needy, controlling and that you don't trust her. So if you're going to confront her about it, say it in a very relaxed and jokingly way... something like... "hey, seems like you spend more time with your best friend than me..." (tone of voice is very important), and then she'll probably ask you why you are so concerned, then say... "nah, it's cool that you have a good friend to hang out with, but i want to hang out with you too."

You're just going to have to trust her or else...

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

I need as many opinions as possible! [ 7 Answers ]

I had posted a message on this site before because me & my boyfriend had fooled around & I thought there was a great possibility that I was pregnant (you may want to go back and read the whole story). I waited for about 2 weeks after my missed period and pregnancy symptoms started, and then finally...

Need NC Opinions soon! [ 14 Answers ]

Hi, so he sent an email that he wants to come over this evening and talk to me. I didn't respond. But last time he did come over without an invite and I'm sure he heard my TV, and my blinds were open etc, so he was knocking and calling me on the phone. I turned the ringer down. But He knew I...

Just want some opinions. [ 7 Answers ]

I have a beautiful 5 month old son, he has been so easy to care for, sleeps 12 hours a night since he was three weeks old, and I LOVE being a mom. I left my job as an RN to stay at home with my little man. Anyway, I just wanted some opinions: When is a good time to have a second child? We want to...

Need opinions! [ 5 Answers ]

Actually I don't know any of you , but stumbled across this site when I was reasearching having multiple cats. I am 21 years old and I live in a two bedroom apartement with my boyfriend . I grew up with animals , my father worked for the humane society and always felt the need to help as many as I...

Need some of your opinions! [ 2 Answers ]

So I have been seeing this girl... It started inocent enough and moved quickly to sexual. We were very cuddly and the sexual part was fantastic. She did tell me right from the start that she had just gotten out of a messy relationship with a guy that she moved across the country to be with. Now...

View more questions Search