Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    zantel Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Mar 18, 2009, 12:13 PM
    Cook hats
    Why do cooks use such high and funny hats?
    tickle Posts: 23,796, Reputation: 2674
    Expert

Mar 18, 2009, 12:31 PM

Their hats are a badge of honour for their profession. Finally reaching the pinnacle of success. It is a long hard climb starting at cooking school and at the bottom the ladder in a kitchen as a sous chef (or sometimes lower then that) in anyone's kitchen.

I almost got there but couldn't stand the 'heat' so started a catering business instead !

Tick

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Deductive Thinking: the 3 geniuses and the hats [ 1 Answers ]

Three geniuses stand in a file (one behind the other). Each can see only to the front, so the rear person can see the middle and the front, the middle person can see the front, and the genius in the front cannot see anyone. You have five hats. Two are white, and three are red. You blindfold the...

Hi Hats [ 2 Answers ]

I have a line voltage hi hat in my kitchen that keeps blowing 50 watt bulbs, its rated for 50w max,115v

High hats [ 2 Answers ]

how far do space high hats in ceiling 25x14

High patrol hats [ 2 Answers ]

I really didn't know what category this should be in, but this looked as good as any. You will probably think this is weird, but so what. It bothers me. Those hat that most state troopers wear ( Smokey the Bear Hats) ; they are always three fourths of the way up the back of their heads with that...

How to cook a ham? [ 2 Answers ]

What is the best way to cook a whole ham? How much water? Lid on or off? How do you know for how long and what temp? This is my first ham!

View more questions Search