Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    jenpetemattdes Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Mar 18, 2009, 11:37 AM
    Glass replacement
    I purchased a 5 piece hampton Bay patio set this past summer, and the glass just shattered today for no apparent reason no one and nothing was near the table please someone get back to me about a replacement.
    tickle Posts: 23,796, Reputation: 2674
    Expert

Mar 18, 2009, 12:42 PM

We don't make repairs. You will have to contact Hampton Bay or wherever you bought the set from.

Tick
    triciam888 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Sep 20, 2010, 05:41 PM

I can answer this one... Don't know why it shattered for no reason, because there was a reason... I just answer that part... but what I know is that the glass is tempered glass as these tables are often used around pools, therefore, must shatter into a million pieces in the interest of safety. We found that our tables at our neighborhood pool did this when we did not have plastic ring to protect glass from the umbrellas and then when storms came up and lifted the umbrellas, the strain shattered the glass. Your glass may have had some defect or previous insult to it... therefore vulnerable and shattered with minimal stress. Check your warranty info and if under warranty, then Hampton Bay should replace your glass... otherwise check with a glass dealer and get a new piece of glass that will probably run you about $200. Plexiglass can be used for a cheaper price but becomes brittle easily and will not last.

Sorry about your table... I have a glass table that I just gave to my parents that has been outside since 1988 and is almost just like new. But, we lost many glass tops at our pool, but then they were a cheaper table than mine.
    Clough Posts: 26,677, Reputation: 1649
    Uber Member

Oct 5, 2010, 02:33 AM
    Old thread.

Thread is now CLOSED.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Hamptom Bay Winward lll glass replacement [ 4 Answers ]

I purchased the above unit and installed it today and the final step was to insert lower glass part. Doing so the glass cracked just as I set into place. I looked at the net and could not find replacement parts and it looks like hampton Bay discontinued the line. Anybody know where there could be...

Replacement Glass for Hampton Bay Ceiling Fan [ 1 Answers ]

Does anyone know where I can get a replacement glass for the Model: AC-552? I went to Home Depot (where it was purchased and the distributor of the brand) and they stated I needed to go directly to the Hampton Bay website. I went there and there is no way to purchase the parts, nor do I even see...

Replacement Glass for Hampton Bay Ceiling Fan [ 4 Answers ]

I purchased a Hampton Bay, Cabrera 52" ceiling fan from Home Depot about a year ago and now want to replace the tea colored glass with a white one to obtain better light. Is there anywhere online where I can do that? Please direct me to the site. Thanks.

Replacement glass, Hampton Bay [ 3 Answers ]

I broke the bottom glass 'globe' on a Hampton Bay 6 + 2 light chandelier SKU# 416-455. It was probably installed between 2003 and 2005. I haven't been able to locate a replacement part. The glass is opaque white with a few gray or brown "marble" streaking in the glass. I would be satisfied to...

View more questions Search