Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    codyaustyn Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Aug 31, 2006, 03:56 PM
    Home alone
    Is there any laws in the state of Colorado as to how old a child needs to be to walk home from school and stay home alone for an hour or so before the parents come home from work?
    BIM Posts: 245, Reputation: 50

Aug 31, 2006, 06:43 PM
    I have checked into the same issue for my son. I live in Nebraska and our laws say that a child should not stay home alone until the age of 11. At that point you are to only leave them home alone 1 hour at a time until they get comfortable with it. I have also read that some children it can be 12 before they can be alone all day, it depends on their maturity level.

Hope this helps.;)
    fed up Posts: 91, Reputation: 6

Sep 1, 2006, 07:42 PM
    In Ontario Canada the law states 10. I think this is insane. They are still very young children in my opinion. I think that the minimum should be 12 and only if they prove to be mature.
    CaptainForest Posts: 3,645, Reputation: 393
    Ultra Member

Sep 1, 2006, 08:41 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by fed up
    In Ontario Canada the law states 10. I think this is insane. They are still very young children in my opinion. I think that the minimum should be 12 and only if they prove to be mature.
    According to dmatos and his post on this thread: https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/childr...ids-29615.html , there is no minimum age to leave your children home alone.

Quote Originally Posted by dmatos
    Check this discussion thread out:

http://forum.canadianparents.ca/ubbt...b=5&o=&fpart=1

There is no mandated minimum age for leaving a child alone. I do know that there are several babysitter training programs that recommend that babysitters be at least 12 years old. However, that is again only a recommendation. It is up to the parent to decide if the child is mature and responsible enough to be left alone.
    This should be noted that this reference is for Canada, not the state of Colorado.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Selling home/buying home simultaneously [ 8 Answers ]

Real estate agent and the mtg broker she works with want me to refinance loan with them, take equity out of it and buy a townhouse, move into townhouse while maintaining my mtg with my present home while trying to sell it. I called Wamu (my original lender) and questioned him about this and he...

New home [ 2 Answers ]

I'm about to move into a new home and would like advice about what I should do in terms of helpful hints Ex. Like the garage floor is bare concrete so I am thinking about painting it with that epoxy stuf that I got from the home depot to make it smother and look better and we are planing on...

XP home or Pro? [ 4 Answers ]

What is the difference between XP home and Pro?

View more questions Search