Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    mittyrose Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Mar 18, 2009, 08:37 AM
    Am I required to fill out a Form 1116?
    My total income was around 4500 in Canadian dollars and I paid $180 in taxes do I still need to fill out a Form 1116?
    AtlantaTaxExpert Posts: 21,836, Reputation: 846
    Senior Tax Expert

May 8, 2009, 01:59 PM
    No, as your income is so low that your personal exeption plus stnadrd deduction will completely offset all of your income and you will owe ZERO U.S. income taxes.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Form 2555 & Form 1116 [ 2 Answers ]

Dear All - Can a taxpayer, who is a Lawful Permanent Resident of US, file Form 2555 - Foreign Income Exclusion for the income earned by him in another country (outside US) and claim Foreign Tax Credit for the same income? What are the reporting requirements to file Form 2555? Which one of...

Supporting docs for form 1116 while tax return [ 1 Answers ]

Hi, I came to NJ,US on May,2007 on H1 and my wife joined on Nov,2007 on H4. Since then we are staying in NJ only. After looking into other answers about filing returns, I think I am eligible for Resident Alien And filing for married joint return. However, since I have foreign income for the...

Foreign Tax Credit Form 1116 [ 1 Answers ]

Over the past year I owned two Canadian oil royalty trusts which I sold in November. During that time I paid a total of $425 in taxes to Canada on the dividends. Anyone have an idea how to fill out form 1116? Looks very complicated. Or do you know of some source that has instructions for a...

Form 1116 [ 2 Answers ]

I have finished my tax return except for filling out form 1116. My gross income for canada was $6908.00. I paid a total of 941.00 in foreign taxes. I can't seem to get my program to finish giving my foreign tax credit. I know its something simple but I can't figure it out. Is anyone available to...

Form 1116 [ 1 Answers ]

I have just about finished with my 2007 tax return but I'm having trouble with form 1116. I had a total of 6908.00 of foreign dividends and paid a total of 941.00 in foreign taxes. My program has a worksheet for form 1116 but it doesn't seem to want to give me the credit. I know some of the credit...

View more questions Search