Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Maggie06 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Mar 18, 2009, 08:37 AM
    Canadian citizen to marry dual citizen (us/can) and relocate to US.
    I am dual citizen (Can and US) born in Canada. Citizenship through mother who is American. Fiancé is Canadian. We both live in Canada now. I have been in Canada for 9 years working. We want to marry and relocate to states to be closer to my family. First, is it better to marry in Canada or the states? Second, What would we apply for as I cannot show financial support for him since I haven't lived there for so long. And we have nothing in savings! PLEASE HELP!
    Lowtax4eva Posts: 2,467, Reputation: 190
    Ultra Member

Mar 18, 2009, 06:13 PM

It doesn't matter where you live and you need to have a salary in the US to support a foreign spouse. It might be best for him to apply for a work visa in the US and switch this over to sponsorship through you once you have worked a few months for a US company

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

ITIN for dependent canadian born son and wife (canadian citizen) [ 3 Answers ]

I have filed W7 for my wife and son with my Federal tax return by going to a TAC in atlanta area. They indicated that since it is a peak season, will take 6-8 weeks to get the ITIN. How do I file my states return? Reading from the replies of tax experts here, I understood that for most states I...

Marriage to canadian citizen [ 1 Answers ]

I have a non violent, non drug non sexual felony on my record, if I marry a Canadian citizen can I enter the country to live?

Marriage to canadian citizen [ 1 Answers ]

I have a non violent non drug non sexual felony if I marry a Canadian citizen can I live in Canada?

Marry to American Citizen [ 1 Answers ]

This September 2007 I will marry my American Citizen girlfriend, but my problem is Im only J1 visa holder. So can I apply a US citizenship to break the 2 yrs. Does not apply rule ? May J1 Visa passport will expire this coming Jan. 2008 it is possible to grant me a green card so I will be back again...

View more questions Search