Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    hgd7833 Posts: 84, Reputation: 0

Mar 18, 2009, 08:21 AM
    An attached file to an email has disappeared !
    I have received an email yesterday and It has an attachment. It gives me a message that the attached file has been blocked and ask me if I allow to show the file. I did not open the
    Attached file. Just sign out, and made a full scan to my machine using Avira anti virus, and
    Nothing was detected. Today I went to the same message and surprisingly I did not find
    The attached file! The file simply is not there! How could you explain that ? What happened? And where did that file go ? What do you advice me to do now ?

I hope to hear from anybody very soon.
    Curlyben Posts: 18,514, Reputation: 1860
    BossMan

Mar 18, 2009, 08:24 AM
    It would help if you told us which e-mail service you use, but considering the fact you received a message saying it was blocked it has most likely been deleted from the server.

Mar 18, 2009, 08:29 AM

I am using the Yahoo. I don't know from where did I get that message which said that the file has been blocked , my machine or the Firefox security tools. You know when you receive some files with photos, it will not show you the photos right a way, but just give you a yellow strip and tell you that the image has been blocked and give you an option if you would like to show or or not. That's exactly what happen to me. I did not open the file and it was kept blocked by the system.

Mar 18, 2009, 08:40 AM

The thing is that I usually receive messages with blocked files
    But those files would not be deleted. I mean I can go anytime and open them if I want. But the strange thing here is that I don't see the file it self . Why the server would delete this file in particular ?
    The message is still not there, but just the file has disappeared.
    What do you advice me to do ? Thanks
    BossMan

Mar 18, 2009, 08:45 AM
    This is really a question for Yahoo as they may well of changed their policy on malware and virus detection and removal.

Mar 18, 2009, 08:50 AM

Ok, but what do you advice me to do now ? If I scan my machine using Avira and Ad-aware should my machine be fine ? Or it may still be at risk ?
    BossMan

Mar 18, 2009, 08:53 AM
    If you didn't open the BLOCKED file then you have nothing to worry about.

Mar 18, 2009, 08:58 AM
    I did not open it. It was trying to open, but just I told you it was blocked.. Thanks

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

How to delete unwanted email from numerous excel file [ 2 Answers ]

Hi All, I have pressing issue here. I have a list of email address seeking to unsubscribe. But I have 20 Excel database file, how do I use this "unsubscribe" list to compare against this entire 20 file and delete them ? Is there a software, script file available to do it, please advise...

She just disappeared. [ 1 Answers ]

Recently, I reconnected with a young woman I knew while in college. Though we didn't date (I was dating others at the time and her school was two states away), there was an obvious attraction and mutual high regard. During an initial date we decided to plan a trip to celebrate the new year, and it...

Email downloads into deleted file [ 4 Answers ]

Some email messages download directly into deleted file, bypasing the inbox.

Transferring email to another file [ 1 Answers ]

Hello I have a dell my first one anyway how do I transfer my email photos and message to another file and also how many email can the web email store thank you: :eek:

Email font file for installation on another computer? [ 5 Answers ]

I've got font files on this computer but not at home. Both are WindowsXP. Can I simply email (or copy to flash drive) the .ttf files from C/Windows/Fonts then save them to my other computer (c/windows/fonts, of course) and they'll work no problem? Thanks!

View more questions Search