Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    450donn Posts: 1,821, Reputation: 239
    Ultra Member

Mar 18, 2009, 06:41 AM
    Falling Like a Jumbo Jet With No wings!
    From the latest Rasmussen polls!

"Polling data show that Mr. Obama's approval rating is dropping and is below where George W. Bush was in an analogous period in 2001. Rasmussen Reports data shows that Mr. Obama's net presidential approval rating -- which is calculated by subtracting the number who strongly disapprove from the number who strongly approve -- is just six, his lowest rating to date.
    [Obama's Poll Numbers Are Falling to Earth] M.E. Cohen

Overall, Rasmussen Reports shows a 56%-43% approval, with a third strongly disapproving of the president's performance. This is a substantial degree of polarization so early in the administration. Mr. Obama has lost virtually all of his Republican support and a good part of his Independent support, and the trend is decidedly negative.

A detailed examination of presidential popularity after 50 days on the job similarly demonstrates a substantial drop in presidential approval relative to other elected presidents in the 20th and 21st centuries. The reason for this decline most likely has to do with doubts about the administration's policies and their impact on peoples' lives."
    21boat Posts: 2,441, Reputation: 212
    Ultra Member

Mar 19, 2009, 10:20 PM

That's very interesting. I'm not surprised. I feel that Obama is trying to cowboy too much.I think he's obviously trying to use the election momentum to keep rallying and this is a different game now. He may be pushing around the old Dem's and even though they are liberal they have there limits to how wild it should get.

Obama is a very intelligent man but I think he's in for a rude awakening of how the Gov works in certain levels. Pev off enough people period and then it's a big problem. He's still a bit full of himself and now the power is waining an its back to real life problems here.

I clearly remember a couple of times where he stated HE will monitor very closely the "stimulus package" Well here's where he lost me after I read this in the Daily Sun newspaper in Puerto Rico March 13 page 4. What Puerto Rico will get from the Stimulus package. Just a little History here. The Puerto Ricans I work here for the past 20 years comments ever year we are in a recession and jobs are tough.

So here's P.R. package. As you read this PR is close to the equator. Middle of winter temp 71 at night 83 day. Average annual temp difference 7 degrees from middle of winter to summer
    On top of the annual $16 Billion the states sends to Puerto Rico every year before the (package), (Pop just under 4 million) His "Stimulus Package" for Puerto Rico includes $85.9 million in "Energy Funding" $48 million is for the "weatherization Assistance Program" will allow an average home $6,500 per home energy efficiency upgrades and will be available for families making up to 200% above the poverty level or a family making up to $44,000.00 a year for a family of 4. Get this. "sealing leaks and modernizing heating and air conditioning equipment the White House says"

So its been $16 billion annually. Now the add the Stimulus Package of another $4 billion and that's for less than 4 million people. There island gov In general budject is 9 Billion. Add the $16 billion and now a Stimulas of 4 billion. Island 35 miles wide 100 miles long

Puerto Ricans had median household income of $17,741 for 2007.[62] By comparison, the poorest state of the Union, Mississippi, had median household income of $36,338 in 2007.[63] Puerto Rico's public debt has grown at a faster pace than the growth of its economy, reaching $46.7 billion in 2008.[64] In January 2009, Governor Luis Fortuņo enacted several measures aimed at eliminating the government's $3.3 billion deficit.[65] The island unemployment rate is 12% as January of 2009.[66
    Puerto Rico - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

So this is the what. Crazy!! How many people will FREEZE in their homes in the cold states? 99%+ buildings and homes here in PR are concrete floors/walls/ceilings.

So my Approval rating just went in the toilet here. If this is how Obama and the liberal "Stimulus Package" Is going to get the U.S. out of trouble were are sunk!! This is NUTS!!

Add me to the disapproval report I showed my valid reasons as to Why.
    Jon09822 Posts: 27, Reputation: 2

Mar 24, 2009, 11:31 PM
    I personally knew from the start that Obama was no good. Everyone keeps saying he is 'intelligent' and well spoken, but, what people seem to keep forgetting is that he takes his teleprompter wherever he goes - so is he really as smart as people 'think' he is? When he speaks without his little teleprompter, he doesn't seem to be so articulate, does he?

I am not surprised at all that his poll numbers are already dropping. I, also, wouldn't be surprised if they continued to drop. Obama is an arrogant individual, well, most liberals are. The thing that I LOATHE about liberals is that you always hear them saying 'question authority,' however, that only pertains to the opposition - they NEVER can admit to their party having faults. Its always the 'blame republicans,' and Bush game with them.

I vote republican. I don't always agree with them, nor do I always agree with how they handle things, but, I vote the lessor of two evils. Democrats are all talk, until they get their 'suckers' to vote them in and then its more or less a big fat - "screw you" to the supporters - and yet, time and time again, these same uneducated people continue to vote for them.

If we remember correctly, liberals back in 2006, stated, that if they were elected to congress they would put an end to the war - how many years has it been now? How many more times did they fund the war since then? Interestingly enough, there is no backlash for them from their zombie like followers. To take it a step further - liberals have stated Saddam was a threat, had WMD and needed to be dealt with during the Clinton administration - but, yet, its Bush who solely gets blamed? Are people in this Country THAT uneducated? Google WMD and Clinton administration. Also, I do recall finding a document from the UN that was put out in 2004 stating that they were 'concerned over the disappearance of WMD' - so, if he didn't have them, why would they put out such a document? Why would the liberals state it back under the Clinton administration? Also, speaking of Clinton - where were you liberals when Sandy Berger took documents from the 9/11 commission report? Where was your outrage back then? Where was your outrage when liberals were making the same statements? See, liberals are very ignorant when it pertains to their party. They actually believed when the liberals and the whole 'rock the vote' crap was out stating that if Bush was re -elected, he would reinstate the draft -- little do they know that it was the liberals who put the draft bills in legislation, NOT Bush or republicans.

Also - what I really can't grasp is the fact that people continue to vote for them - when fact is, they also voted for this war, just as the republicans did, yet, liberals are so ignorantly blind to facts, that they can't comprehend a fact if it slapped them upside the face. It is sad that liberals whine and complain about innocent lives being lost over there - where is your outrage about lives that were lost in this Country? Where was your outrage about the 93 WTC attack? Where was your outrage when the USS Cole was attacked, the two US embassies? The Oklahoma City bombing? Where was your outrage when Janet Reno ordered that compound to be attacked? Where were you protestors then? Where was Code Pinko commies then?

Where is your outrage with Barney Frank? I find it interesting how he gets on TV now and snivels about the AIG bonuses - when, in fact, it was the govt who voted for them to GET the bonuses to begin with! It was Barney Frank and the liberal congress we have to thank for this mortgage crisis - when republicans stood up and said there was a problem, liberals got highly irate and stated the opposite - yet, NO outrage from lib supporters - they buy into everything that they say as though it's the gospel.

Obama fooled a lot of people - it was just amazing how people became like zombies after him - definitely weird and cult like - and equating him to the 'Savior' was just ridiculous -
    He is now doing the exact opposite that he stated he would do during the whole campaign -so, you who voted for him - will get exactly what you deserve.

If you people have a problem with republicans - your party is just to blame - again, dems said and did the very same things Bush did - yet, they get a free pass - amazing. Although, if ones only source of information is from the media, no wonder they became the zombies they did for Obama - perhaps if people wake up and educate themselves on the facts instead of the media and hollywood idiots - peoples outlook might change a little.

On a final note - Im pretty fed up with the republicans too. They have become like cowards. They never stand up for themselves when the opposition comes against them - IF they would have, perhaps, peoples perceptions would not be so negative against them. Then again, I think there is more going on with the government than we even realize - MEANING there is a bigger puzzle being put together - and all the pieces are being put in place - get ready for the one world government and currency.
    Ultra Member

Mar 25, 2009, 03:52 PM

JonO9622

Obama rating is in big trouble with the Puerto Rico people on the island, which Directly reflects to the States. I remember last year in Puerto Rico Hilliary was down here to get support of the Puerto Rican so all there cousins and families in the states would vote for her. Obama did the same thing and in his campaign he spouted equality for Puerto Rico for benefits like the states. You should read the daily paper here. Hes getting burned on this now and many will remember next election how they were manipulated and now insulted. I say good get it out in the open what his real agenda was there.
    The Puerto Rico 'Daily Sun" Tues. March 24,

Medicaid Suit ( front page)
    U.S. justice disputes parity funding for P.R.

He is intelligent but not smart. The voters he swayed to elect him is is really starting to backfire Here in P.R. You don't make promises to a culture of 4 million when 50%+ doesn't have a high school diploma and over 40% quit school. Now the issue form the states is P.R. doesn't pay its fair share in taxes to the federal Government in the states as the rest of the States does. And they are right... He opened a BOMB here. It will bring to light that P.R. is basically a welfare island and cost the States billions to support it as it has been for a very very long time.. The island was going into bankruptcy 2 years ago and Its worse now.

So can the Liberals explain to me where they buy there calculator and Obama is pushing the buttons. On that note where is the long term thoughts on that calculator?? Just like the liberals thinking too much in the now and not much for the future. Its all about making good copy for the liberal news media.

I'm disappointed with the Republicans. We are losing it on many levels and are getting smaller in numbers. That can be partly attributed to so many teachers are liberal now and the media is backing that child training.

At some point the liberals are going to have to realize numbers and figures. Its beyond the parties themselves. Grass roots America is going down the tubes period!! Hand outs ain't going to geter done. A reality check needs to happen here.

So the P.R. problem will reflect to all Puerto Ricans in the states and bring to light how that's not going to well in the states with Welfare abuse and the ignorant Puerto Ricans. They aren't dumb they follow the welfare train real closely.

Obama will lose a lot of the Puerto Ricans votes as he should for saying equality for Puerto Rico and the Puerto Ricans.

It sill astounds me that the liberals constantly want to make welfare a bigger problem whenever they are in power instead of downsizing it. It will eventually bankrupt the states just like it has been doing in P.R. for decades!! It will become our national debt and be more expensive then our budgets for our armed services and the problem we are in now!!

Now that we need to help families that busted the butts the money that could have been the isn't because of the on going Welfare fraud and the size the liberals keep adding too. The Republicans wanted to fix that problem but the Liberal Media jumps on that and we hear the cry babies and then jess jack gets in it etc. Not a calculator brain in the group here. Sometimes I wonder did they flunk basic math in school??

So when you liberals end up in your own soup line think how that was created in size...

Mar 25, 2009, 04:36 PM
    Well, again, Im definitely not surprised at the drop in numbers.

Here is the root of it all - this is the best thing I have heard - its not the fault of the politicians, it's the fault of those who vote them in!

The problem with people is that they don't take the time out to reflect back on the current administrations and remember things that have happened prior to where we are now. The media here is horrible. About 98.9 percent of the media is in the tank for liberals. IF people aren't educated - of course, they are going to believe what they are told by the media - The only thing you heard during the campaign is 'hope' and 'change' over and over again. Again, it was definitely disturbing to see how these people became zombie like figures - I watch the videos and its like they are zoned out or something - just flat out weird. The majority of the media hated Bush and they hate republicans. The democrats always do things sneakily. I just find the whole thing strange how Hillary Clinton blasted Obama, as did Billy boy, and now she is in his cabinet? WOW, people voted FOR Obama to vote AGAINST Hillary and now are ticked off that she is a part of his cabinet. I read threads the other day where people are starting to say they are regretting their vote. Some had voted early, before all this information came out on him about his associations and birth certificate, not to mention the corrupt government in Chicago - said if they would have known that they would have voted differently. I also find it strange that they had black panthers at one of the polling sites - as to intimated people -- THEY are the FIRST to cry foul when it comes to things like that - but again, they are liberals, so all is well for them to do what the heck they want and get away with it - why? Because they get a free pass from the media.

ALSO, I forgot to point out in the last message that liberals blasted Bush and republicans from day one when he said that bin laden and saddam were connected - SO I did my homework and found a court document from 1998 filed in NY city against Bin Laden AGAIN BEFORE Bush was in office - so they knew about him way before Bush came along -I can almost tolerate someone who BOTH parties, rather than someone who is SO narrowminded into believing its only the republicans and bush who is to blame. That to me is so ignorant and disgusting.

Obama is already facing opposition in this Country - I think it will grow more and more -- funny how his approval ratings are lower already at this point - they are lower than Bushs ratings were back around this time when he won ---- also, funny how no liberals acknowledge that their infamous leaders in congress had a LOWER approval rating than Bush did!

On a final note - I mentioned in my last post to get ready for the one world govt and the one world currency - well, listening to the news today, Ive heard about how a chinese leader spoke of 'one currency' and our wonderful Tim Geitner just thought that was the most amazing and brilliant idea ever (more or less) -

People need to wake up.

PS. Don't even get me started on the welfare system. I used to work for the welfare system, did it for 7 years. I would suggest that ANYONE who would ignorantly support this without knowing what goes on - get a job in the field. I GUARANTEE you will change your mind after seeing first hand what REALLY goes on!
    Ultra Member

Mar 25, 2009, 10:24 PM

I see the liberals are real quite here on this thread, not like the other political post.

Seems for them its to hard to deal with real facts and figures which is common for us conservatives, it greatly helps us make sound decisions based more on fact instead of taking it out on context for "whats popular" to make good copy, and then they really think they did something because it was on the liberal news.

Its going get real interesting later on when the Obamafied nation doesn't work out. Of course its again the Rep fault no matter what. The liberals are highly skilled to attack the other party or even there own. Seems to be a very selfish people.

Hillary Clinton blasted Obama, as did Billy boy, and now she is in his cabinet?

Mar 25, 2009, 10:38 PM
    I, personally, think that people should be ashamed of themselves for even voting for him. The problem is that Obama and the libs are trying to get everyone outraged and focused on AIG to hide what's really going on behind the scenes. You ever watch Glenn Beck? You see how much money that they are giving out to all these other Countries that, ironically, the lib news isn't reporting on?? The libs are having everyone focus and hate on people at AIG when their bonues are NOTHING compared to the money that's being given away to the Swiss, Germany, etc...

Obama spent MORE money already than ANY other president in HISTORY - not even remotely close to the cost after 9/11 and the war - and people seem to be OK with that? Ever notice how when a liberal does something its all good - but, if that same person was a republican, there would be total outrage? Just for example when he was interviewed on 60 minutes and he blatantly laughed when giving answers - no one, amazingly, thought that was an issue - or how he equated his bowling skills to a 'retard,' no issues with that, but, they went rampant over the false picture of Bush holding a book upside down.

People in this Country never cease to amaze me. I thought that Sarah Palin was WAY more qualified than Obama - BUT, wait, because Tina Fey insulted her, as did the rest of the hollywood lunatics and lib media - everyone hated her? I recall Obama stating to back off his wife - the media never went after her, but, they sure did blast Palin over and over and over again --- I guess Tina Fey knows better... lol - how repulsive. Most of the hollywood lunatics have NO clue as to what's even going on in the world. Its sad when people listen to them just because they are 'actors.' Yea, very intelligent.
    Ultra Member

Mar 25, 2009, 11:54 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by ;
    Most of the hollywood lunatics have NO clue as to whats even going on in the world. Its sad when people listen to them just because they are 'actors.' Yea, very intelligent.
    In a nut shell this is how it is going and will continue to go. New U'S. Citizens and the ones that are here that flunk school listen to the news and papers. The liberals paint this golden picture that's not even close to reality. Just like Hollywood Actors

So as the U.S. literacy rate keeps declining those masses of people become easy to sway with promises of more Welfare and Gov entailments and this sways those people into voting for the liberal. Look at Obama results in the poles in the races and the swing votes that happened. It was like a religious campaign where the parishioners get into a mass belief and hypnosis. So as the illiteracy rates alarming rise in the U.S. The only real hope to live here is off the gov handouts because obviously the high school dropouts or non grads has s very slim chance getting a real paying job that pays well. So what's the option there. Liberal handouts, votes, / handouts, votes/ etc. As our society increases expediently in that area the Rep will simply be out babied in numbers.

To help prove that promise of the good life, go to Ellis Island and on the second floor to the right in a small room there is a saying on one of the pictures. I was told in the U.S. the streets are paved in gold. Little did I know I would be hand laying the bricks to pave the streets.

Liberal always favor handouts to the 'misfortune" they know how many votes could come from that. America was not built that way ( read above)

So we obviously have the poor living in there created 3rd world city streets and here comes the Obama Messiah to save them. So who do you think they are going to vote for??

The liberals will never save this County until they learn some basic math.
    1. Taxing big business will never help the American people simply because it passed onto the consumer and they are now paying for that tax. Big business NEVER pays Tax. The people that use and buy there products pays Big business taxes. Where does the money come from the consumer.

2. Promoting Welfare and adding more freebies will help compound the problem of millions of people not having a solid reason to get a good education and collect like too many people on there street. Thus creating a self feeding system to grow and grow and get so big it will reach a critical point and will turn into another 3rd world country of people just roaming around not working and adding to the U.S. Just taking form this Country, too many dealing drugs and it WILL mushroom into a National Crisis. Which it really has been for way too many years but the liberals need there votes and when the Rep tries to rein it in or cut some waste The liberals scream that Reps are bad people and will leave you in the street!!

If they could just address those two things then we could become a Great Nation again

Mar 26, 2009, 08:42 AM
    In a nut shell this is how it is going and will continue to go. New U'S. Citizens and the ones that are here that flunk school listen to the news and papers. The liberals paint this golden picture that's not even close to reality. Just like Hollywood Actors.

Bingo. The media is very damaging. Again, if this is the only source of information that people are getting - then, its no wonder many in this Country think as they do. Although, I dont blame the media as a whole - I blame the people that listen and solely live life based of of what they are told. It was very eye opening when I started doing my own research. Id listen to CNN and they'd say things - so, then, Id google the same topic in regards to democrats - and what do you know - the VERY same things they blasted Bush and republicans on were the very same things the liberals have done and said. Even during the Kerry campaign in his debates - he would say one thing on a topic and then in the next breath say something totally opposite on the very same topic he just talked about - and yet, people still voted for him?! There are also MANY court cases out there against Obama in regards to his birth certificate - STILL to this day! You dont ever hear anything on CNN about this - or from Hollywood - Obama is their 'savior' so of course you wouldnt. They try to make many in this Country their puppets - they tell them what to do. George Soros funnels so much money into the media - so, you best believe they are going to tell what they are told to tell. Also, since when does Moveon.org become 'controllers' of the democratic party? Ive always said - the only reason they hate FOX, Rush and the rest of them is because they EXPOSE the liberals and their agenda and they are HATING it - Obama and liberals are doing everything they can to divert peoples attention - using Rush and AIG as scapegoats - all the while taking the focus off of the bigger picture.

So as the U.S. literacy rate keeps declining those masses of people become easy to sway with promises of more Welfare and Gov entailments and this sways those people into voting for the liberal. Look at Obama results in the poles in the races and the swing votes that happened.

Very true, however, more younger people are being manipulated by the liberals as well. I hear all the time from younger people who are in college and have professors who shove their liberal thoughts in their face all the time. Some professors treat anyone who dont agree with them horribly and some try to fail them. Its nice to know that people send their children to college to get liberal agendas shove in their face. Younger people, who dont know any better, will certainly, after hearing it time after time again, will ultimately tend to start believing it. Oh and it was incredible here when it was time to vote - all the welfare people were lining up every day during the early voting - there were people who have never even voted before rushing to vote for him - if anyone watched howobamagotelected.org - these would be the prime example of his supporters. It was disgusting - they were even taking homeless people on buses to the polls!! They have NEVER done that before.

It was like a religious campaign where the parishioners get into a mass belief and hypnosis.

You dont know just how correct you are with this - this was a well thought out and planned campaign. They did use a form of hypnosis. They chanted 'hope and change' repeatedly through out the whole campaign. There was an article put out that I read that this was a form of hypnosis - which equated to the masses of zombies who fell for it - apparently it worked. I came across a few youtube videos on this - you should get on youtube and do a search for 'obama, reverse speech. VERY enlightening. I, being skeptical, downloaded a program that you can do reverse speech and tried it and you best believe what you hear in there is accurate.

I know many people who claim they are a Christian and voted for him. Those are the ones I feel sorry for the most - not only them, but, their leaders who lead them to vote for them. Anyone who alleges to be a Christian should have enough wisdom and intelligence to comprehend you can't serve two masters - you can't stand for God and vote for the devil - although scripture does state 'even the elect will be deceived' and boy were they EVER deceived this time.

As far as the welfare - as I stated before, Ive worked in the field for about seven years. It is amazing what goes on. It was a very enlightening and eye opening job. If people REALLY knew where their tax dollars were going - they would be outraged. Im not opposed to it totally, but, what I do oppose to is the fact that people become sponges of the government for life. This is the great idea of the liberals - they WANT people to be totally dependent off of them - their 'socialistic society. They are the ones to blame here - they are the enablers of these people to thrive and live off of the government and they make it very easy for them to to it - they get food stamps, cash monies, medicaid, state healthcare and their rent paid for. People would come in all the time and state they had 'no income' yet, would roll up in a nice ride and all decked out in jewelry and cell phones. They EXPECT to be given something for nothing - they would say that this was 'owed' to them! Now, I did have MANY clients who were on the program that were actually doing something with their lives. They would have a job, go to school or both while trying to raise children. Im not opposed to someone getting assistance for that. Some, after their schooling or when they got to where they didnt need it came off the program themselves - so, I applaud that. People do need help from time to time, thats understandable - but, when you have people, as we did, who were on the program 30,40 PLUS years - so long that they have grown grandchildren on the program - THATS where I have the problem. Also, there were programs available for these people that when they got on the program - they could participate in - they would help them go to school, start a busines, get credit in order and oh, yea, purchase a home after a year of being on a program. So, not only do we pay for them to live off the govt monies, but, we also pay for these people to purchase their homes as well.

I blame liberals for the destruction of this Country - there is so much more I could type, but, this is already long enough ---- I blame more the people in this Country more than politicians - we all know most are crooked and fast talking - so, we expect that - I blame people more - because they dont educate themselves and dont have the sense to know any better.
    excon Posts: 21,482, Reputation: 2992
    Uber Member

Mar 26, 2009, 01:45 PM

Hello fellas:

I only got one thing to say:

Obamamama, fomama, gollymolly fomolly, PRESIDENT.

excon
    Skell Posts: 1,863, Reputation: 514
    Ultra Member

Mar 26, 2009, 06:56 PM

Im still looking for the question.
    Ultra Member

Mar 26, 2009, 07:28 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by ;
    Hello fellas: I only got one thing to say: Obamamama, fomama, gollymolly fomolly, PRESIDENT.........Im still looking for the question.
    Hi Excon As goofy as your post is , and it could easily be looked at as childish and insulting remarks, It did make me laugh because its so far out there.

I know we are usually at opposite ends here but making funny can be good looking at it in the other light.

See you around for the next round partner...

Skell Sometimes you just have to work with it... Excon did.
    galveston Posts: 451, Reputation: 60

Mar 28, 2009, 04:16 PM

I will accept Obama as MY president when he becomes a conservative. I expect Hell will be considerably cooler by then.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

The Rock [ 4 Answers ]

What's the name of the girl in the bar scene with steve buscemi with the fake diamond ring?

Kid rock [ 1 Answers ]

I know hank jr is not his dad but what is his real fathers name.

I Rock! [ 12 Answers ]

... well, that's what my kids' Playstation Guitar Hero II game said. Woo hoo I'm hooked! ... any other old timers here tried that one? Typically the games nowadays are way over my head with what all the button and button combinations do but gosh that Guitar Hero is a real hoot! He's...

Falling rock [ 4 Answers ]

Hello every body I have this one question that I can't seem to solve. I know the answer is 52m but I can't seem to derive this answer even after trying different method and formula. Can some one help me answer it. Thank so much. It need to be solve through kinematic formula. A rock is dropped...

Lab ate a rock [ 2 Answers ]

My 9 month old lab threw up a good sized rock in the middle of the night. He seems to be fine now but should I be concerned about anything internal that may have been hurt?

View more questions Search