Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    carbutler inc Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Mar 18, 2009, 06:16 AM
    Breaker panel for travel trailer
    I plan to park a travel trailer on my farm. I will have to put up a meter pole, The power company requires that this pole is no further than 70 feet from the pole that contains the primary power . There will be a additional charge by the power company if the distance exceeds 70 feet. The leads for the meter loop will be 2/0 gauge copper wire. The problem is that the trailer will actually be 150 feet from the main transformer. What I would like to do is put a main breaker under the meter (required by power company). Then run under ground wires from this breaker to a breaker panel near the trailer some 70 feet away from the meter pole. I plan to house the under ground wires in electrical pvc pipe. My question is whether this is something that can be done. What gauge wire should be used from the meter pole to the breaker panel. I plan for the breaker panel to contain 220 volt service. The primary draw on the circuit will be a 110 volt roof mounted ac,lights,and 3/4 horse power electric motor on a well pump. Is it all right to put a second ground at the breaker panel?
    hkstroud Posts: 11,929, Reputation: 899
    Home Improvement & Construction Expert

May 21, 2009, 06:53 PM

You really should post your question in the Electrical and Lighting form where electricians there can advise you on the proper type and size cable. Also be prepared to tell them the size of the service drop, probably 100 amps. Probably be cheaper to pay the power company's fee.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Travel trailer [ 2 Answers ]

I have purchased a travel trailer from a 3rd party... the trailer has been paid in full... how do I obtain the original title? I have a copy.

Title for travel trailer [ 1 Answers ]

We recently purchased a travel trailer and did not receive a title. How do we advise the person who sold it to us to obtain one. The license plate has not been renewed since 1994 so I am assuming he has no tilte. Please help.

Truck and travel trailer [ 1 Answers ]

Good morning. We are looking at purchasing a 20 ft. travel trailer. I drive a 1999 dodge ram 1500 5.2 litre 4x4. My truck has 220,000 ks. I have it maintained and it runs very well. I have recently had the transmission done as well. The question I am concerned about is. Will my truck be able to...

View more questions Search