Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    sdalley Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Aug 31, 2006, 01:10 PM
    10 weeks after delivery
    10 weeks after delivery- bleeding heavily - but still within guidelines given to me by my ob - no ememrgency. I have bled lightly once a week or so since delivery. Had an ultrasound that revealed a little bit of lining of my uterus still left. OB said it wasn't a problem. Am I just having my first period? My history is that after my first child I had a DNC at 12 weeks to remove tissue my OB called "deciduium". Please advise - I can't remember how long it took to get a period after my 1st pregnancy. Also had my tubes tied 10 weeks ago - don't know if that's related. My ob has offered another DNC but won't really comment as to whether this is a pressing medical issue, or just an inconvenince for me. If its an inconvenience, I can't take the time to have a DNC. -Feel otherwise fine, no other symptoms.
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

Aug 31, 2006, 06:39 PM
    Have you bled the entire 10 weeks? If so, I would suggest a D&C

Tubal Ligation should have very little if anything to do with bleeding.

Are you breast feeding? This could play an important factor into why you may be bleeding.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Bleeding Again 6 weeks after delivery [ 18 Answers ]

I had a baby six weeks ago. My normal post-pregnancy bleeding stopped about a week and a half ago, but today I noticed that I am bleeding again. It's light - but heavier than spotting. And bright red, so it's not like it's left over from having the baby or anything. Is this something I should be...

11 weeks pregnant fetus only 6 weeks? [ 8 Answers ]

I thought I was 11 weeks pregnant, had some very light spotting and Dr. did ultrasound and said fetus was only 6 weeks?? I am almost positive there was no possibility of conception on the new date so they believe the fetus stopped growing at 6 weeks and I had a missed miscarriage. I am waiting...

Drug delivery system [ 3 Answers ]

I am going to ask about drug delivery system. I would like to know when the drug travels in the blood stream, How much of drug will lose because of enzym in blood stream. It is good to protect drug from blood environment.

Drug delivery system [ 2 Answers ]

I would like to ask more about drug delivery system. Actually, I am PhD student in Japan and do research about carbon nanotube and their application in drug delivery system. Now I try to put drug and magnetic material inside carbon nanotube. I will inject them into blood stream. I expect...

Periods after delivery [ 4 Answers ]

On Dec 5th I had my son at just 23 weeks. There were some issues after in which I had to have a D and C done. 4 weeks after I had my first period. It was extremely light and lasted 2 weeks! I started my second period 3 days ago and now it is extremely heavy! Is this normal?

View more questions Search