Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    ecrelin Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Aug 31, 2006, 12:53 PM
    Craftsman 20.5hp electric clutch overdrawing?
    Hi, My Craftsman 20.5hp 50" deck tractor just got a battery a couple months ago and it seems to have trouble keeping it charged. I noticed that the Amp meter shows charging when the deck is disengaged but when the clutch is engaged it is discharging handily. Is an overdrawing clutch a known or common thing? The battery is a cheap replacement and as so, suspect from some past experiences, and I then worry about the charging system. Gut goes to the clutch though as the meter displays the typical high charge immediately after start and then diminishies as the battery comes back up, but engage the clutch and the discharging is fairly dramatic.
    Any help appreciated, thanks…
    thebriggsdude Posts: 1,096, Reputation: 53
    Ultra Member

Sep 4, 2006, 01:04 AM
    Hmmm, I'm not much on electric pto's.. make sure its not grounding out anyway basically... it could need a new one.
    ecrelin Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Sep 4, 2006, 10:32 AM
    I'll check for grounding, it works fine, maybe a bad ground?
    Thanks for the reply.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Testing Electric PTO Clutch [ 3 Answers ]

Troy Bilt 22hp Briggs/46'Deck Electric PTO clutch will not engage. Have changed out switch on the mower console... still no good. Removed clutch, looks OK. IS THERE ANY WAY TO TEST THIS CLUTCH?? Or should I look somewhere else... worked great one day,, the next week NOTHING!

Electric Force and Electric Field? [ 1 Answers ]

Hello, Can some one explain to me briefly what's the different between electric force and electric field? I am having trouble to make them clear to myself. Thanks you so much. Jack

Electric PTO clutch removal [ 2 Answers ]

Hello, I have a Cub Cadet 2155 tractor with 15 HP Tecumseh engine. I'm trying to Replace the electric PTO clutch on the front of the engine. I have removed the center bolt but I'm unable to pull the clutch off the shaft. What type of pully puller do I need to pull the clutch off? There...

Troy-bilt mower and electric PTO clutch [ 1 Answers ]

I am replacing the lower drive belt on my 23hp Troy-bilt pedal drive garden tractor. The last step in removing the belt is to remove the hex bolt from the center of the electric PTO clutch. When I try to loosen the hex bolt part of the electric clutch and the engine pulley turns at the same time....

View more questions Search