Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    bbspeck Posts: 10, Reputation: 1

Mar 17, 2009, 01:18 PM
    I feel like no one cares!
    My adoption mom and dad have always favored their biological kids who are both younger then me. It has been 5-6 years and I'm still treated with disrespect what can I do to earn their respect?
    Synnen Posts: 7,927, Reputation: 2443
    Expert

Mar 17, 2009, 02:21 PM

Just like you said--you EARN their respect.

I sincerely doubt they love their biological children more than they love you. As an oldest child myself, I know how often it seemed my parents loved my siblings more, but that simply wasn't true.

Have you calmly asked them, at a time when there is no argument between you, what you can do to earn their respect? Have you told them, calmly, and again when you're not upset with each other, that you feel less loved?

Part of being a teenager is feeling like an outcast. We have ALL gone through that, adopted or not.

Your parents can't work with you to help make things better if you don't communicate with them.
    jjwoodhull Posts: 1,378, Reputation: 239
    Ultra Member

Mar 17, 2009, 02:23 PM
    It probably has nothing to do with your being adopted. Most older kids feel like their younger siblings are treated better or loved more. The reality is that younger kids need more attention then older ones.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Just in case anyone cares [ 4 Answers ]

Latest Gallup poll results.

MY boyfriend says he cares? Does he really? [ 6 Answers ]

My boyfriend and I have been going out for 3 months and some weeks this may not seem long but I don't keep relationships that long they usually last a week or so and then I dump the guy for some reason or another the longest relationship I been in was a year and a half and it only ended due to...

How can I tell if she cares? [ 5 Answers ]

How can you tell if your ex girlfriend still love you?

Do you think my boyfriend cares about me at all? [ 1 Answers ]

Hi to all, I've been going out with this guy for about a year now and he is the most confusing guy I have ever met. When we first met everything was perfect and the way we met made me think that it could be "fate" and that this guy was the guy I was going to marry.. But as time went on he just...

No one cares [ 2 Answers ]

I kike doing magic tricks and I show peaple a lot of tricks now when I show them no one is intersested like at schoo no one cares:confused: :confused: I do new tricks on them

View more questions Search