Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Nasserm Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Mar 17, 2009, 01:13 PM
    What are the Standard Operation Procedure for Purchasing (SOP)?
    What are the Standard Operation Procedures (SOP) for Purchasing department in any company in the world?
    Stringer Posts: 3,733, Reputation: 770
    Business Expert

Mar 17, 2009, 06:16 PM

Value, then buy low sell high.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Mar 17, 2009, 06:29 PM

Yea right, for every compay

Each company often has their own rules as to approved vendors, rules on who can order, order limits and more.
    ArielXu Posts: 37, Reputation: 1

Apr 22, 2009, 10:13 PM

Terrific!

But the Detail is the key to success. As a buyer, you are facing so many kinds of products, and variety of factories...

So Value means much for you. Everyone want to buy the best products with the best prices. But not everyone can do it.

You just need to know more about the market and analyze it and find your orientation.

At last, you can look for the proper supplier in your direction.
    felgar Posts: 26, Reputation: 2

Jun 1, 2009, 09:30 AM
    The Standard Operation Procedure (SOP) for purchasing depends on the rules and procedures set by each company. Based on my several years of experience in this field, I would like to share with you the following steps that I usually practiced.

1) Get the complete description of the materials that you are going to purchase.
    2) Canvass them from at least 6 credible suppliers.
    3) Ask samples of the materials for quality assurance and low cost of course.
    4) Negotiate for the lowest price without sacrificing the quality.
    5) Make sure that the delivery of your orders will be made promptly.
    6) When receiving the deliveries, make sure that the description, quality and quantity of all items indicated in your order slip are properly complied,
    safadi2009 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jul 11, 2009, 09:03 AM

Thank you very much mr felgar , really you help me thanks a lot
    Stringer Posts: 3,733, Reputation: 770
    Business Expert

Jul 11, 2009, 09:16 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by ArielXu View Post
    Terrific!

But the Detail is the key to success. As a buyer, you are facing so many kinds of products, and variety of factories...

So Value means much for you. Everyone want to buy the best products with the best prices. But not everyone can do it.

You just need to know more about the market and analyze it and find your orientation.

At last, you can look for the proper supplier in your direction.
    Is there something wrong with a simple answer... if the OP had come back there would have been more :)... just asking?
    ramkumarsss Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Sep 29, 2010, 06:43 AM
    I will simply say your SOP is not set properly, your SOP should also include a message like, payments to suppliers will be put on hold unless the process goes through the set proceudres. Your procedure should be like, suppiers should be aware that only request placed through you should be considered, any voilated request received by vendors should be redirected to you or your department authorised signatory

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Purchasing Now [ 2 Answers ]

Hi, Can anyone please tell me why purchasing are so important now?

Standard of care vs standard of practice [ 3 Answers ]

In terms of medicine, what is the difference between the standard of care and the standard of practice?

What standard score represents 1.5 and 2 standard deviations below mean? [ 1 Answers ]

What standard score represents 1.5 and 2 standard deviations below mean?

View more questions Search