Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Kia Posts: 272, Reputation: 13

Mar 17, 2009, 10:59 AM
    Understanding death
    I have no idea why I am so interested in this. I am definitely not ready to go yet, but the unknown about it just interests me. I had a friend who died about a half hour after I saw him last & I just always wanted to ask stupid stuff like " what are you up to now?" lol

Anyway, do people carry emotions after they die? And if so how is that possible if the braid is dead? Don't emotions and feelings generate from messages coming from the brain? People say people can love you from beyond, but how is that possible with no brain power? How can a spirit even have a " personality" or so to say, or even a sense of being without brain power?

So.. do we all turn into pure energy, like light or air, or grass, etc? I am a Christian but its hard to comprehend... Maybe someone can shed some light on this subject?
    lighthousemd Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Mar 17, 2009, 01:04 PM
    Hi, the answer to your question, go to Amazing Facts - Christian Media Ministry click free stuff and you will see online library hit death your questions will be answered.
    ginadold Posts: 9, Reputation: 2

Mar 17, 2009, 01:34 PM
    Hello. The answer to your question is found in the Bible at Ecclesiastes 9:5 and 10. There it tells us that the dead are conscious of nothing. They are simply sleeping. The Bible promises that the dead will be resurrected back to life on earth at God's appointed time. So, the dead cannot think and they cannot effect the living. They are simply sleeping until the resurrection. You would be surprised how many answers can be found in the Bible. Actually, a wonderful future awaits all of us who search for the truth about God, whose name is Jehovah. Please ask any other questions you might have.
    spitvenom Posts: 1,266, Reputation: 373
    Ultra Member

Mar 17, 2009, 01:59 PM

Sorry about your friend. I am not a religious person and this is just my opinion. I think after you die that is it. I believe our minds can not handle not existing anymore so we ask ourselves what happens next. Hence the reason why you are asking this question. But I could be wrong millions of people think I am.

Mar 17, 2009, 07:26 PM

So if that's it when you die, what is all the talk about people seeing ghosts and spirits? Are all these people lying?

I must admit that when I found my friend, the TV cut on by itself mysteriously. Also, at the wake from the funeral at the family's house, a littele girl was hit by a car in front of the house. They family said that during the first few minutes, the phones did not work. It was so weird, that's why I just wonder what goes on after death
    simoneaugie Posts: 2,490, Reputation: 438
    Ultra Member

Mar 17, 2009, 07:46 PM

The brain is a very limited thing. While we are alive, the ego tells us that we are separate from one another, from God. Our ego also tells us we are very, very important all alone, should fear death.

I think we are supposed to be as spiritually blind as we are. That still, small voice is the one we're here to learn to listen to, or just to experience being separate limited and physical.

Oh well, if we are not separate and finite then we are all one and infinate. Created in the image of God, right? We can't die, not exist. But being asleep, yeah, some of us are asleep all the time.
    captainpecan Posts: 28, Reputation: 5

Mar 17, 2009, 08:08 PM
    I am sure there will be some that strongly disagree with my response, so I stress that this is my opinion, please take it or leave it. :)

When I was 12 years old, I made an extremely stupid mistake, and decided it would be a good idea to huff pure lighter fluid. After a short time of inhaling 100% fumes inside a plastic bag, something happened to me. Some would say it was a trip due to the drugs. Personally, I know it was real. I only explain this because as a rational adult, I must understand that it is entirely possible that my brain, starved for oxygen, caused my visions, even though I feel different. Anyway, I saw myself leave my body, as everything went dark, and everything was spinning. I remember all sounds were repeating, like a broken record as they faded away and I drifted without a body down a winding tunnel, with extreme colors of every possible color, even colors that cannot be explained. I remember noticing I could not see my body at all, and the realization of "ME" really was, and that my body was just a "Suite" of sorts. I had the feeling that I finally understood everything I've ever questioned before. I am not a religious person at all, but what I felt did follow what some say the bible states, that in death, you feel one with everything! I emerged from the tunnel into a gigantic cavern with hundreds of other tunnels going in all directions. It was at this time an emense feeling of regret came over me. I realized that I was dead, and could not come back. The interesting thing is it was at that moment that I felt extreme fear that I was dead, and I woke up. I woke up with one of my friends standing over me, pounding on my chest, screaming and crying. My other friends were all staring at me like they were seeing a ghost. What felt to me like 30 seconds, was actually much longer in real life. I asked my friend what he was doing, and he told me that I was out for over an hour. He thought I was tripping or something, until he noticed I was not breathing, and I had no heartbeat at all.

This obviously scared the hell out of me, and I never touched anything related to drugs, or anything even close to it again. But I had a feeling that has stuck in my mind ever since. And that feeling was that there is no heaven or hell. And that there is only different dimensions. I felt that when I died, I simply slipped into another dimension. I have always felt different since that day, and looked at life on a completely new scale. My belief is that the bible is not right, and it is also not wrong. I feel the bible was originally meant to teach concepts, like a fairy tale book teaches lessons with ridiculous stories. I believe the bible was never meant to be taken literal. I also feel that heaven and hell is not a place you go after death, it is what you make of your life, while your still here! Since that day, I have had many things in my life happen that are VERY INTERESTING, but that is a story for another post.

I know this is controversial, but I really wanted to share my story, as I thought it may be of interest to you. I in no way wish to attack anyone's religion, and I apologize if I offended anyone.

Mar 17, 2009, 08:14 PM
    Ghosts and Spirits... In my beliefs, they are very easily explained. It is simply a small overlap of dimensions in some cases, and energy reacting as it does naturally in others. What I mean is that there appears to be two types of hauntings, intelligent and residual. In my opinion, the intelligent, meaning they spirits interact with the living, is simply that something is occurring that is allowing a brief view or hearing of another dimensions life going on. And the residual is no different than how data is stored on a video tape or an audio tape. Since everything is energy, it is not impossible that an event gets imprinted and gets replayed over and over just as a video tape imprints what the camera sees.

Just my thoughts.

Mar 17, 2009, 08:46 PM

Oh wow... that's really interesting

So.. may I ask, what were some of the interesting things you encountered since your near death experience...

And also, you did not say anything aboutmeeting God, did you not feel connected to a higher being or see one?
    JoeCanada76 Posts: 6,669, Reputation: 1707
    Uber Member

Mar 17, 2009, 08:49 PM

We only use a fraction of a brain. There are many mysteries. I am sorry but the person that said and quoted one scripture saying we are all asleep. I do not believe that.

Can not just go by one small sentence but what everything in the bible says, and it does say that God is full of mysteries and there is a lot we do not know.

As far as death, I have always been interested in near death experiences and paranormal and other experiences and I can honestly say that these experiences for each individual are real to them. Most of these stories share hope, love and compassion and actually change the person and effectively change the energy in others around them.

I believe that collectively our mind, body and spirit work together as ONE, to create who we are. I believe that once we move on to the other side that spirit, soul has left the body that it is reborn into a new existence.

Just like we are born into existence here, we are also born into a new existence when we leave this world. Will we have our personality and our thoughts and feelings. I believe an essence of ourselves continue on.

Each and everyone of us do not exactly know but we are all going to find out one day. I believe the day we do will be one amazing day.

Joe

Mar 18, 2009, 06:51 AM
    No disrespect, but God is not full of mysteries. In fact, he is just the opposite. He is truth and knowledge, wisdom and love. There is so much to learn about him in the Bible. He also reveals to us our purpose for living, what happens to us when we die, and what he will do in the future to make this earth a paradise once again for all righteous people to dwell on. You said that the Bible tells us that God is full of mysteries. What scripture are you referring to?
    Uber Member

Mar 18, 2009, 06:53 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by ginadold View Post
    No disrespect, but God is not full of mysteries. In fact, he is just the opposite. He is truth and knowledge, wisdom and love. There is so much to learn about him in the Bible. He also reveals to us our purpose for living, what happens to us when we die, and what he will do in the future to make this earth a paradise once again for all righteous people to dwell on. You said that the Bible tells us that God is full of mysteries. What scripture are you referring to?
    This is not meant to be rude or starting a disagreement. If you want to start talking to me about the Bible. I hope you have read well, because I can state and quote many parts of the bible that talk about the many mysteries of God. Yes. Mysteries...

Mar 18, 2009, 03:20 PM

No, I don't want to have a dispute with you either. People have many different religious beliefs and views. Surely you must agree though that our loving Creator would want us to know the truth about him. He would also want us to know his will and purpose for us. It would be cruel to put us on this earth without some direction. That's why He gave us the Bible. It is a personal letter from God, to us. It is our guide that teaches us the truth about many things. I am very interested to know why you think God is so full of mysteries. Of course, we can't know everything that God knows. In his wisdom, he has chosen for us not to know certain things. However, there is so much that he does tell us. Many people go through life with questions they think there are no answers to. However, the answers to their questions can be found right in the Bible. God does not leave himself a mystery to us. He invites us to get to know Him. He wants us to know Him so that we can have a close, personal relationship with him and so that we can worship him in a way that he approves. A loving Father would not make himself a mystery to his son, would he? No, that would not be loving. We read in the Bible that "God is love." He doesn't just have love, He is love. That means He is the personification of love. I'm sure you will agree that love does not hide. Love also does not cause confusion. If God really left himself a mystery to us as you have said, then He would not be love. Love tells the truth and so does God. Please share with me your thoughts and explain to me why God is such a mystery to you. What are some of the mysteries you are thinking of?
    Uber Member

Mar 18, 2009, 06:42 PM

I was not saying God is a mystery to me. I know God. God is within me. Pure love is from God. There are many many mysteries of God that we do not know about. I do not understand why that is so hard to understand. There can be many mysteries about God, but that does not mean that The love of God is not within us, or that we personally do not know God. I do believe we are limited in these earthly bodies as to what we can see and experience. I believe when we leave this bodies we will be freer and know God even more then we do now. We will be filled with his truth and understanding will be full, unlike it is now. If it were true about here on earth then there would not be so much confusion. You do not really know me but My only true Role model in my life since I was a little boy was my Father, My God. Through reading my bible on my own and praying and meditating always, since I was a young boy.

I think you need to understand God can still be full of life but there are many mysteries that we will not be able to see or know the truth about until we leave this world.

So No need to question me about God. This thread is not about that discussion either.

Joe

Mar 18, 2009, 07:31 PM
    Thank you for your thoughts. It's nice that you have had our Heavenly Father play such a big part in your life. That's so important. Many people nowadays are not even conscious of their spiritual need. It's nice to talk to someone that has such a strong faith. I have also studied the Bible for a long time. I spend time each week in my ministry teaching others truths from the Bible. Many people are surprised to hear that God has a personal name, Jehovah. That name appears over 7,000 times in original Bible texts. However, most current translations have taken out the name. We use the name in our worship since Jehovah God chose to put His name in the Bible so many times, which tells us He wants us to use it. Anyway, thanks again for your thoughts. It was nice to hear back from you.
    Uber Member

Mar 18, 2009, 07:35 PM

I am glad you responded back. It sounds like you understand me better now. Take care of yourself...

Joe

Mar 18, 2009, 09:39 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Kia View Post
    oh wow...that's really interesting

So..may I ask, what were some of the interesting things you encountered since your near death experience...

And also, you did not say anything aboutmeeting God, did you not feel connected to a higher being or see one?
    Sure, I will give a few examples. I just do not wish to disrespect this thread by drifting too much.

About meeting God... To me, it wasn't that simple. To be honest, I must say that I felt the bible was both right and wrong at the same time again. Correct me if I am wrong, I am not a Bible expert, but I believe the bible states that God is in everything, and is everywhere. Yet it still leaves the impression that he is a being, or one entity like a person. It says Jesus was created in his image I believe.

The feeling I was trying to explain earlier, was a feeling of wholeness. Like I knew all the answers. The biggest answer I felt that I knew, was that god truly was everything, but was NOT also one being. The feeling I had was that you could read the bible and replace the name God with the word Energy. In other words, I had the feeling that the Bible was not being interpreted correctly, and that God really was more close to the definition of "Mother Nature", than the definition most piece together from the Bible.

Experiences I've had since that day are many. I have had many déjà vu type feelings, including 5 times I knew something was seriously wrong, but could not figure out what it was. Each of those 5 times, someone close to me had died within 24 hrs of those feelings. Coinsidence? Maybe... I don't think so though. The last time it happened took all doubt of coinsidence away from me. I was at my sister-in-laws house earlier that night, and it took everything my wife had to get me to leave that night. I was even throwing up outside the house, knowing something was wrong, and that we could not leave. I had no idea what was wrong at all, and I had no idea if maybe I was just getting sick and needed to go to the hospital. Finally, my wife convinced me to go to the emergency room. We were there for a while, and then were sent home. They said I was suffering from some sort of panic attacks. 3 a.m. we were woken up with word that my ex brother-in-law had murdered my sister-in-law, her 3 kids, and then committed suicide.

I have learned, that through many experiences I've had since that day of my experience, I simply have become one with the world surrounding me much better. When I watched the movie "The Secret", I started being able to understand things much better. I do not agree with that movie completely, but I know in my heart, it is on the right track!!

I had better quit here, I have WAY too much to talk about, and I'm sure I've already stepped on a few toes because my beliefs and experiences do not fit some peoples religious views, and I do not wish to cause hurt feelings. I only wanted to share a bit more, because I was asked.

Mar 18, 2009, 09:55 PM
    Without stepping on to many toes, I find it interesting when you change your view of God from a being, to energy instead, then all books of religion begin to make sense. And understanding, and being proven by science, that every single thing in the universe is made of energy, it does not appear to far fetched. Where many religions are fighting each others beliefs, and actually feel it necessary to kill others who believe different, when you read each book of religion viewing god as energy, each makes sense, and they all carry the same meaning all of the sudden.

For anyone interested in this subject, something very interesting is to look at writings from several different religions. The Koran, the Bible, even the Book of the Dead. Grab whatever you want and just start looking at them. If you warp your view like I'm suggesting, you will be amazed that they all carry the same messages, just worded slightly different. A little open minded research, will give you an AHA moment... ;)
    Uber Member

Mar 18, 2009, 10:07 PM

Captainpecan,

I read your posts and find them interesting. I am very open minded and think you have most things right. We are all made up of energy. That is so true. The bible says we are all made in the image of God. All of us. So there you are he is one with us and we are one with him.

Joe

Mar 18, 2009, 10:47 PM
    Thank you for commenting and seeing the open minded picture I was trying to lay out. I was a bit unsure whether to post, as this is a really touchy subject for some. It helps to see I'm not the only one that can see this point of view.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

I need help understanding why this happens! [ 5 Answers ]

I need help understanding this I am 15 years old and most of the time when I go to sleep at night my boyfriend stays on the phone because I have a tendency to stop breathing at night. Well for the past couple months when I fall asleep he has been saying to me I love you baby and when he says that I...

Understanding Her [ 7 Answers ]

I met a girl via online dating. We chatted and texted and spoke a lot for acouple of weeks then we decided to meet. We met for lunch and ended up spending the afternoon and evening together, walking around and chatting. Everything went really well. About a week later she came to my house for...

Death and credit card death. [ 3 Answers ]

My father recently died leaving enough money to pay off most of his debts,but not all.I contacted those credit card companies that there no funds to pay and informed them of my father's death and that there were no assets to pay these debts.I soon received a letter (from american express) asking to...

Death and credit card death. [ 1 Answers ]

My father recently died leaving enough money to pay off most of his debts,but not all.I contacted those credit card companies that there no funds to pay and informed them of my father's death and that there were no assets to pay these debts.I soon received a letter (from american express) asking to...

Understanding: [ 42 Answers ]

Why should people believe that all religious understanding is relative and that no one interpretation is absolute? HANK :confused:

View more questions Search