Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    excon Posts: 21,482, Reputation: 2992
    Uber Member

Mar 17, 2009, 09:47 AM
    Are you weird?
    Hello:

I'm weird.

Want to know just how weird I am?? 50 years ago, at 15, I got my first job. I was a helper at Piasons Pizzeria in Denver. The best damn pizza I've ever had, by the way.. But, I digress...

We had a dishwasher by the name of Tio. He probably was an illegal and didn't speak English.. But, he was one of those guys who you immediately liked even if you couldn't exactly talk with him... His personality was infectious.

Anyway, when a hot pan came into Tio's territory, he'd IMMEDIATELY wash it. Even if was still steaming from cooking, he'd start washing it... Now, in MY house, we always ate BEFORE we washed anything, so Tio got my attention...

Ok, here's the weird part... Today, lo these many years later, when a pan comes off my stove, I wash it, and say out loud, "this is for you, Tio"..

Now, that's weird. You don't get any weirder than that, do you?

You do?? Ok, tell me about it.

excon
    spitvenom Posts: 1,266, Reputation: 373
    Ultra Member

Mar 17, 2009, 09:52 AM

I do the same thing with a hot pan. It is much easier to clean.

But that isn't the weird thing I do. Say I am looking for my phone and I think it is in the living room I go in there and I don't see it. I turn around because I think it is in the bedroom, then I think no it is is in the kitchen so I turn around again then I think no it is the office I turn around again before you know it I am literally running around in a circle.

My wife gets a kick out of it. She said I look like a dog chasing my own tail.
    Uber Member

Mar 17, 2009, 09:58 AM

Hello spit:

That's funny. I'd like to see that.

Washing the pan isn't what I think is weird. It's paying tribute to the long dead Tio, whom I knew nothing about beyond his dishwashing prowess.

What's even weirder is that I remember his name. I can't remember the peoples names I met yesterday.

excon
    nikosmom Posts: 1,611, Reputation: 488
    Ultra Member

Mar 17, 2009, 10:02 AM

I've got plenty so I'm sure I will be contributing to this thread a LOT...

Here's one... I refuse to sit down to any meal without my glass being full. So if I sip a little on the way to the table, I have to top it off. I must start the meal with a full beverage.

Trust me, more will come. I'm pretty kooky.
    Ultra Member

Mar 17, 2009, 10:03 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by excon View Post
    Hello spit:

That's funny. I'd like to see that.

Washing the pan isn't what I think is weird. It's paying tribute to the long dead Tio, whom I knew nothing about beyond his dishwashing prowess.

What's even weirder is that I remember his name. I can't remember the peoples names I met yesterday.

excon

Yeah you are right that is a weird.
    Uber Member

Mar 17, 2009, 10:15 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by nikosmom View Post
    Here's one... I refuse to sit down to any meal without my glass being full. So if I sip a little on the way to the table, I have to top it off. I must start the meal with a full beverage.
    Hello mom:

You're right. THAT is weird.

excon
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Mar 17, 2009, 11:02 AM

Yep, any pan or pot, I wash them as soon as we finish with them,

You do have to watch the cheap ones, I did this to one of them and it "warped"
    Justwantfair Posts: 3,422, Reputation: 944
    Ultra Member

Mar 17, 2009, 11:17 AM

I make my bed every night before I get into it. Never in the morning, so I can have a made bed all day, just at night because I can't get into a messy bed to sleep.
    Uber Member

Mar 17, 2009, 11:25 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Justwantfair View Post
    I make my bed every night before I get into it.
    Hello Just:

That is pretty weird, all right.

excon
    Ultra Member

Mar 17, 2009, 11:30 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Justwantfair View Post
    I make my bed every night before I get into it. Never in the morning, so I can have a made bed all day, just at night because I can't get into a messy bed to sleep.
    HAHAHAA I do the same thing!! I hate to make my bed in the morning but I won't get in at night until it is made. WEIRD!!
    Stringer Posts: 3,733, Reputation: 770
    Business Expert

Mar 17, 2009, 06:26 PM

I do many strange things also Nikosmom... most are superstitious in nature I suppose...

A long time ago I got a phone call that brought a lot of pain and suffering... I was heating some coffee in the microwave at the time and when the call was over the microwave was beeping...

Funny, because now I stop the microwave a couple seconds before it finishes... every time I use it... strange, I know.
    Uber Member

Mar 18, 2009, 04:54 AM

Hi String:

Yup, that's weird.

excon
    artlady Posts: 4,208, Reputation: 1477
    Ultra Member

Mar 18, 2009, 05:05 AM

Aw dude,that's not weird.That's just something that stuck in your head. I can bet you when I wash a hot pan now it will be stuck in mine as well.
    I spell words in my head backwards just as a weird habit.Like when I am typing and I spell out words,I spell them backward and forwards.Its a neat parlor trick but it makes writing quite a chore.
    Uber Member

Mar 18, 2009, 05:07 AM

Hello artsy:

Yup. That TOO is weird.

excon
    Business Expert

Mar 18, 2009, 07:59 AM

Another thing that I 'have to do' is make sure that everything on my desk is in their proper position... always. If someone moves something, it immediately gets moved back to the exact position where it belongs... this happens to a point of distraction.

I know Ex... I'm working on it... really.

Also... there's more... but let's hear from others some more so that I don't feel to physco...
    Uber Member

Mar 18, 2009, 08:09 AM

Hello string:

You and Monk (guy on TV).

When I shower, I have to wash myself in a particular order or I forget where I am.

Therefore, the older I get, the cleaner some parts become. I don't want to think about the one's I'm missing.

No, I don't know which parts they are. Hopefully, I'll catch 'em in the next shower.

excon
    Business Expert

Mar 18, 2009, 08:26 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by excon View Post
    Hello string:

You and Monk (guy on TV).

When I shower, I have to wash myself in a particular order or I forget where I am.

Therefore, the older I get, the cleaner some parts become. I don't wanna think about the one's I'm missing.

No, I don't know which parts they are. Hopefully, I'll catch 'em in the next shower.

excon
    ROTFLOL...

Don't cha think that the water running will 'hit' most of those parts... funny...

I guess you can tell when people start backing away from you... making a grab for a handkerchief... and not for sneezing either. :eek:
    classyT Posts: 1,562, Reputation: 214
    Ultra Member

Mar 18, 2009, 09:32 AM

Ex,

Your weird thing is funny. I like funny weird people. Lol

Stringer,

Awww yours made me sad.. I wouldn't let the microwave beep either. Course the "proper position" on your desk thingy... well, perhaps therapy would help. ;)

I don't know what ONE thing I can tell you. I am one weird chick! Hmmmm? Ok here is one... when I am cooking or baking and I go to get the butter I say out loud "get the butter Mr. Kotter".. only I say it in vinnie bobberino's voice from Welcome Back Kotter. I have obviously been doing it since the 70's.

I also go nowhereSSSS withOUT my lipstick. I mean... I'd rather be buck naked than to leave without the STICK! I'm kind of NUTS... aren't I?
    Uber Member

Mar 18, 2009, 09:41 AM

Hello Tess:

Yup, you're weird too. So, I guess there ain't no regular people, huh?

excon

PS> Buck naked did you say?? Quick, somebody hide her lipstick.
    KISS Posts: 12,510, Reputation: 839
    Uber Member

Mar 18, 2009, 10:25 AM

Tell Spitvenom, the phone will be in the last place he looked.

A previous boss was weird:

When traveling he tries to prime factor license plate numbers as he sees them.

Rubick's cube was cake for him.

When he was in college, he used to play chess with his roomates while washing dishes without seeing the board.

Now me:

I just don't think like everyone else. I'm relational. An object represents a thought or something to do. Hide the object and it won't get done. e.g. an empty bottle on the counter means make iced tea. An empty oil container means get oil. I look at too many conseqences. Now, sometimes this is a good thing.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Ex being weird [ 4 Answers ]

OK I guess that I'll have to start from the begging... My ex-boyfriend and I were dating for 2 years and he randomly decided to dump me in the middle of a horrible snow storm. The day before the breakup everything was perfect. It seems he just snapped overnight for no reason. He said that he did...

Is it weird? [ 23 Answers ]

Would you guys think it would be weird if your (male) boss put his hands on either side of your thighs like... in line with that crease of the top of your leg and butt, but from like behind you.. Like you were standing in front of him and to the left, and he was sort of squatted down diagonally...

This is weird! [ 2 Answers ]

I think a secret route behind my house is haunted. Its really really old and wrecked and one time I saw somebody in there I didn't see his face, but I think he heard me coming because he ran away I went back there later and there was a rope hanging from a tree to a fence and the fence was all...

Something weird [ 5 Answers ]

For a while now, every once in a while, while I'm walking, I'll feel kind of weird. My vision gets blurry and a bit flashy, and I have trouble keeping my balance. This usually lasts about 5 seconds or so and only happens about once every 3 weeks. Today, the same thing happened, but this time it...

View more questions Search