Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    twinkiedooter Posts: 12,172, Reputation: 1054
    Uber Member

Mar 19, 2009, 10:30 AM

Okay, I'll leave a nice note out tonight for Big Daddy giving him your address... so be on the lookout for one fat dude who has to sit on his rumpus to eat and a smaller version heading your way. I'll pack their bags today.

Yeah, I figured that your evil twin was at it again. Next thing you know she'll be making remarks about my antique hand painted slate collection. Geesh is she ever mean. Hide the keyboard from her already.
    MsMewiththat Posts: 854, Reputation: 136

Mar 19, 2009, 10:36 AM

No offense at all Twinkie... but weird that you have 50 clocks in your house, but don't wear a watch. Really?
    JudyKayTee Posts: 46,503, Reputation: 4600
    Uber Member

Mar 19, 2009, 10:50 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by twinkiedooter View Post
    Okay, I'll leave a nice note out tonight for Big Daddy giving him your address..... so be on the lookout for one fat dude who has to sit on his rumpus to eat and a smaller version heading your way. I'll pack their bags today.

Yeah, I figured that your evil twin was at it again. Next thing you know she'll be making remarks about my antique hand painted slate collection. Geesh is she ever mean. Hide the keyboard from her already.

Wait a minute - I am dating a big guy who wants to be called Big Daddy and sits on his rumpus to eat. You don't suppose..

I have spoken to my evil twin who is saving the slate collection comments for another day.
    JudyKayTee Posts: 46,503, Reputation: 4600
    Uber Member

Mar 19, 2009, 10:51 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by MsMewiththat View Post
    No offense at all Twinkie...but weird that you have 50 clocks in your house, but don't wear a watch. really?

You are going to be VERY sorry you asked -
    MsMewiththat Posts: 854, Reputation: 136

Mar 19, 2009, 11:02 AM

I'm both intrigued and nervous... do tell!
    KISS Posts: 12,510, Reputation: 839
    Uber Member

Mar 19, 2009, 11:06 AM

Well it could be worse. Collecting things like invisible dogs or pet rocks.

I just hate changing all the clocks 2x a year. My father collected clocks too. Nothing too fancy though.

The wierdest clock I remember was the one in my first car. It was essentially a wind-up clock that when it ran down an electric solenoid would wind it.

The wierdest telephone is the Zeneth Space Phone which is a TV with a built-in speakerphone in it.
    Stringer Posts: 3,733, Reputation: 770
    Business Expert

Mar 19, 2009, 01:48 PM
    Weird? I can read something upside down quicker than I can read right side up and catch the typos in what I typed. I used to do this for years when I put something down in front of my boss for his signature. Right side up I couldn't catch the typo.

Another weird one:

I must have at least 50 clocks in my home. Only one is electric and that's my alarm clock. All the other clocks are battery driven. Come daylight savings time I start either advancing or setting back the clocks at least one week before time change. No, not because I have too many clocks to set, it's just because I hate setting them back or forward as I don't like the time change thing and have a hard time getting used to it. Yes, I have at least 7 clocks in my bathroom alone.
    You got me... I counted all the clocks in our home for the last 'change' and we have 37, still a lot, but not 50... :eek:
    Uber Member

Mar 19, 2009, 03:14 PM

Well, the last count was 50 clocks. Could be more as I haven't counted lately. Now mind you that does not include the 2 clocks I have outside my front and back door. (for those visitors who want to know the time of day or the people driving by in their car who wants to know what time it is or the mailman or UPS dude to see if he's ontime or not).
    Uber Member

Mar 19, 2009, 03:18 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by MsMewiththat View Post
    No offense at all Twinkie...but weird that you have 50 clocks in your house, but don't wear a watch. really?
    No offense taken MsMew. The real true reason is that when I wear a watch the dagblammed thing whizzes around on my wrist and drives me crazy. Sonny bought me a wonderful gold watch with an expansion band for Mama's Day a few years ago. Just what I wanted. Put it on and within one hour the thing kept whizzing around on my wrist it drove me nuts.

I can't wear rings on any fingers either. Same goes for necklaces that have clasps. I have to wear a continuous necklace or the thing just whizzes around my neck. It's some sort of electrical activity. Not uncommon either I understand.

Oh, I was born during a particularly nasty thunder and lightening storm. Guess that's why.
    Uber Member

Mar 19, 2009, 03:25 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by JudyKayTee View Post
    Wait a minute - I am dating a big guy who wants to be called Big Daddy and sits on his rumpus to eat. You don't suppose .... ?

I have spoken to my evil twin who is saving the slate collection comments for another day.

So your new date wants to be called Big Daddy... hmmmm. Was wondering why he didn't come every night and skipped a few nights. Now I know where he's been. Oh, and if the next time you see him and he reeks of chicken grease I'm putting out a big bowl of chicken grease tonight. It's one of their favorite things to eat after Ramen Soup and crackers. Yummy, fresh chicken grease! Remember, if he smells like chicken grease it's the same Big Daddy! I promise not to confront him if he is the one and same Lothario. Let me know, OK?
    Stringer Posts: 3,733, Reputation: 770
    Business Expert

Mar 19, 2009, 04:46 PM
    Well, the last count was 50 clocks. Could be more as I haven't counted lately. Now mind you that does not include the 2 clocks I have outside my front and back door. (for those visitors who want to know the time of day or the people driving by in their car who wants to know what time it is or the mailman or UPS dude to see if he's ontime or not).
    OOooh my... that is strange... :D
    Justwantfair Posts: 3,422, Reputation: 944
    Ultra Member

Mar 20, 2009, 07:16 AM

Woohoo, a thread just to help me feel normal.

I knew I just wasn't that weird, now if you all will be willing to notarize my normalcy, then I can be on my way. :D
    ISneezeFunny Posts: 4,175, Reputation: 821
    Ultra Member

Mar 20, 2009, 07:31 AM

I have so many weird quirks, I thought about which one to post all of yesterday. I have come down to one:

I am obsessed with gumballs. Yep. Gumballs. I have 4 gumball machines in my apartment, one small one that can be on a desk, the other two are full size ones that spins around, one "wall" machine that looks like a picture frame with gumballs in it, but if you turn the knob, the gumball comes out.

I also calculate in "gumball"... When someone says they bought their shoes for $30, I think, "whoa...that's 120 gumballs..."

Or if someone says, "Gas is $2.00?!?!?" I think, "Should I buy 8 gumballs with that...or be able to drive another 30 miles...?"
    nikosmom Posts: 1,611, Reputation: 488
    Ultra Member

Mar 20, 2009, 07:39 AM

Ok Sneezy, so far you take the cake!

Wow, never heard of anyone calculating anything in gumballs!
    adam_89 Posts: 1,866, Reputation: 280
    Ultra Member

Mar 20, 2009, 07:41 AM

Ok, I have planty of weird things that I do.

Whenever I watch a movie or TV. I have to have the remotes in my possession. I have to hold them or rest them on my stomach.

Another things I hate is my money out of order. I have to have all my bills in my wallet with the biggest bill in the back and the smallest in the front and it all has to be in the same position. The bill can't be upside down or in there backwards.

I will try and think of more.
    Ultra Member

Mar 20, 2009, 07:45 AM

I have to do that with my bills, and I can't stand when people give me messed up change.

Adam, does that mean your fiancé is not allowed to touch the remotes or change the channel?
    excon Posts: 21,482, Reputation: 2992
    Uber Member

Mar 20, 2009, 07:55 AM

Hello again:

It's amazing how you can be on a website with people for years and never know how loony they actually are.

And here, I thought I was the only one.

excon
    Ultra Member

Mar 20, 2009, 08:02 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Justwantfair View Post
    I have to do that with my bills, and I can't stand when people give me messed up change.

Adam, does that mean your fiance is not allowed to touch the remotes or change the channel?
    No Justy, I am not that mean. I let her watch what she wants. I just mainly freak out when I can't see the remotes. If they aren't in sight I freak out. It's mainly OK if she is watching TV. When we are watching a movie though, I have to have the remotes. Period. Lol
    Ultra Member

Mar 20, 2009, 08:04 AM

Sometimes I can't stand the feel of paper or the way something feels and it makes me clinch my fist and my tongue kind of sticks to the top of my mouth. A real hard one to explain.
    Ultra Member

Mar 20, 2009, 08:04 AM

Good thing I am not your fiancé Adam, we would be boxing every night!

I bet you are the channel surfer too, never see more than five minutes of any program...

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Ex being weird [ 4 Answers ]

OK I guess that I'll have to start from the begging... My ex-boyfriend and I were dating for 2 years and he randomly decided to dump me in the middle of a horrible snow storm. The day before the breakup everything was perfect. It seems he just snapped overnight for no reason. He said that he did...

Is it weird? [ 23 Answers ]

Would you guys think it would be weird if your (male) boss put his hands on either side of your thighs like... in line with that crease of the top of your leg and butt, but from like behind you.. Like you were standing in front of him and to the left, and he was sort of squatted down diagonally...

This is weird! [ 2 Answers ]

I think a secret route behind my house is haunted. Its really really old and wrecked and one time I saw somebody in there I didn't see his face, but I think he heard me coming because he ran away I went back there later and there was a rope hanging from a tree to a fence and the fence was all...

Something weird [ 5 Answers ]

For a while now, every once in a while, while I'm walking, I'll feel kind of weird. My vision gets blurry and a bit flashy, and I have trouble keeping my balance. This usually lasts about 5 seconds or so and only happens about once every 3 weeks. Today, the same thing happened, but this time it...

View more questions Search