Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    MsMewiththat Posts: 854, Reputation: 136

Mar 18, 2009, 10:38 AM

OK. I have to add. I have sooo many weirdism's... but here is one it shows my OCD totally. When I am going to bed at night and setting all my many alarms to go off in the morning... when I get to the old fashion alarm clock with the side button that you move from Auto.start.off... I must switch it back and forth for at least ten times before I am sure that it is set. CRAZY... even when I ask my son to set it for me... he'll say "how many times do I switch it...ten?"
    Coo-Koo
    spitvenom Posts: 1,266, Reputation: 373
    Ultra Member

Mar 18, 2009, 10:43 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by KeepItSimpleStupid View Post
    Tell Spitvenom, the phone wil be in the last place he looked.

It always is :)
    bEaUtIfUlbRuNeTtE Posts: 1,051, Reputation: 112
    Ultra Member

Mar 18, 2009, 10:52 AM

To me, you all are pretty normal.
    Here is what I do that is so weird...

1.) I am 21 years old and still say good night to my teddy bear (I've had him since I was a toddler)

2.) I like the feeling of warm fingers/hands on my cold ears.

I can't believe I told everyone this. Good thing you don't know who I really am :)
    MsMewiththat Posts: 854, Reputation: 136

Mar 18, 2009, 10:54 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by spitvenom View Post
    It always is :)
    That's a funny statement and maybe it's just a wording deal... but of course it is going to be in the last place you look... why would you keep looking? Is it meant that it is in the last available place to look? I have always thought to be weird when people say it. "it was in the last box I looked it"... DUH why would you keep looking...
    ZoeMarie Posts: 2,049, Reputation: 468
    Ultra Member

Mar 18, 2009, 10:54 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Justwantfair View Post
    I make my bed every night before I get into it. Never in the morning, so I can have a made bed all day, just at night because I can't get into a messy bed to sleep.
    I do that too! There are plenty of other reasons that I'm weird, my husband tells me I'm weird all the time but I can't think of any reasons off the top of my head.

Oh, I generally don't get in bed from the side, I climb on at the bottom. I didn't realize it until someone said something to me.
    ZoeMarie Posts: 2,049, Reputation: 468
    Ultra Member

Mar 18, 2009, 10:58 AM

It's funny that you guys are talking about how things are always in the last place you look. I told a guy that at work the other day and that was the first time he had ever heard it. It took him a minute and then he started cracking up. He came up to me yesterday and told me that he found what he was looking for the night before but since I told him things are in the last place you look that he kept looking. I truly think that he did too. Lol
    nikosmom Posts: 1,611, Reputation: 488
    Ultra Member

Mar 18, 2009, 12:07 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by excon View Post
    When I shower, I have to wash myself in a particular order or I forget where I am.

Therefore, the older I get, the cleaner some parts become. I don't wanna think about the one's I'm missing.

No, I don't know which parts they are. Hopefully, I'll catch 'em in the next shower.

excon
    Ok Excon:
    Get this- I'm the same way! I wash in the same order. That way I don't miss anything!

nikosmom
    nikosmom Posts: 1,611, Reputation: 488
    Ultra Member

Mar 18, 2009, 01:11 PM

I have another one: I'm right-handed but I only drive with my left hand. I have NO control with the righty! I know, I know - we're supposed to drive with both hands - rubbish! If my right hand is on the wheel, I might end up in a ditch! Actually there are lots of things I can ONLY do with my left hand.
    (Get your mind out of the gutter, Ex ;))
    KISS Posts: 12,510, Reputation: 839
    Uber Member

Mar 18, 2009, 01:34 PM

I just use whatever hand is more convenient.

I can write script left-handed, right-handed, left-handed mirror image and right-handed mirror image.

The right hand penmanship is the norm.

I could probably use chopsticks in my left hand. Just haven't tried it.
    spitvenom Posts: 1,266, Reputation: 373
    Ultra Member

Mar 18, 2009, 01:50 PM

I am ambidextrous I can write, throw, catch, Golf, Bat, shoot a basketball and pretty much anything else with both hands.
    twinkiedooter Posts: 12,172, Reputation: 1054
    Uber Member

Mar 18, 2009, 04:47 PM

Weird? I can read something upside down quicker than I can read right side up and catch the typos in what I typed. I used to do this for years when I put something down in front of my boss for his signature. Right side up I couldn't catch the typo.

Another weird one:

I must have at least 50 clocks in my home. Only one is electric and that's my alarm clock. All the other clocks are battery driven. Come daylight savings time I start either advancing or setting back the clocks at least one week before time change. No, not because I have too many clocks to set, it's just because I hate setting them back or forward as I don't like the time change thing and have a hard time getting used to it. Yes, I have at least 7 clocks in my bathroom alone.
    excon Posts: 21,482, Reputation: 2992
    Uber Member

Mar 18, 2009, 04:49 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by twinkiedooter View Post
    I must have at least 50 clocks in my home.
    Hello twink:

Somehow, this doesn't surprise me.

excon
    Uber Member

Mar 18, 2009, 04:53 PM

Oh, but I also have a thermometer collection as well. Inside, outside temps in just about every room. And some clocks have tempies in as well. Hey, I have to know the time and temperature. Date? Who cares? I'm happy if I know what month it is! LOL
    Uber Member

Mar 18, 2009, 04:55 PM
    Hello twink:

Somehow, this doesn't surprise me.

excon
    Would it surprise you if I told you that I also have a swell beer mirror collection and don't drink beer? Just like the mirrors. I specialize in no longer produced beer like Andeker.
    JudyKayTee Posts: 46,503, Reputation: 4600
    Uber Member

Mar 19, 2009, 08:12 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by spitvenom View Post
    I am ambidextrous i can write, throw, catch, Golf, Bat, shoot a basketball and pretty much anything else with both hands.

Please define "pretty much anything else." :)
    Uber Member

Mar 19, 2009, 08:18 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by classyT View Post
    I also go nowhereSSSS withOUT my lipstick. I mean ....i'd rather be buck naked than to leave without the STICK! I'm kinda NUTS...aren't I?

(1) I talk to my dogs all the time - discuss what I'm doing and why I'm doing it. Also ask their opinion - "Should I wear this or should I wear that?" (So far they've never had an opinion.)

(2) With me it's not lipstick, it's eyeliner. I ALWAYS wear eyeliner. I might look like something the cat dragged in but my eyes are neatly lined. In my dating/drinking days I found the more I dated/drank the more eyeliner I put on. By the end of the evening I looked like Raccoon Judy.

(3) I work under my previous name but everything I own, all other contacts, are in my married name. Picked up my car from the dealer yesterday and gave them my previous name. They ran around looking for the car and insisted they didn't have it. I was VERY unhappy and positive it had been stolen. At any rate the salesman wandered by and said hi to me and asked what the problem was. He then talked to the service people and realized I had given the wrong name. Duhh. They took my charge card but I think they thought I'm not really me.

Yes, it's strange when you talk to dogs, wear eyeliner at ALL times (including buck naked, as has been said) and can't remember your name.
    excon Posts: 21,482, Reputation: 2992
    Uber Member

Mar 19, 2009, 08:21 AM

Hello Judy:

Well, I always KNEW you were weird.

excon
    Uber Member

Mar 19, 2009, 08:58 AM
    Hello Judy:

Well, I always KNEW you were weird.

excon

And I take this as an EXTREME compliment from one who knows weirdness when he sees it!

(I could be worse. I could collect clocks. Running from Twinkie as I type this.)
    Uber Member

Mar 19, 2009, 10:20 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by JudyKayTee View Post
    And I take this as an EXTREME compliment from one who knows weirdness when he sees it!

(I could be worse. I could collect clocks. Running from Twinkie as I type this.)
    But at least I know what time it is(?) Odd, but the clock diode in my Jeep got fried a few years ago and I don't know what time it is in my car. Now that's really weird not knowing what time it is in my Jeep and I don't wear a watch either. It just sits on my computer desk with the time set to EST and not daylight savings time.

And you better go easy on the eyeliner Raccoon Judy or Big Daddy Raccoon just might come over to your house with Little Runty Raccoon (his travel companion) for some Judy porch buffet.
    Uber Member

Mar 19, 2009, 10:23 AM

Note to Twinkie - I didn't post ANYTHING about your clock collection. That was my evil twin using my computer and user name.

(Point well taken about the raccoons, though. Very well taken. I COULD fit in with them, though, eye liner and all.)

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Ex being weird [ 4 Answers ]

OK I guess that I'll have to start from the begging... My ex-boyfriend and I were dating for 2 years and he randomly decided to dump me in the middle of a horrible snow storm. The day before the breakup everything was perfect. It seems he just snapped overnight for no reason. He said that he did...

Is it weird? [ 23 Answers ]

Would you guys think it would be weird if your (male) boss put his hands on either side of your thighs like... in line with that crease of the top of your leg and butt, but from like behind you.. Like you were standing in front of him and to the left, and he was sort of squatted down diagonally...

This is weird! [ 2 Answers ]

I think a secret route behind my house is haunted. Its really really old and wrecked and one time I saw somebody in there I didn't see his face, but I think he heard me coming because he ran away I went back there later and there was a rope hanging from a tree to a fence and the fence was all...

Something weird [ 5 Answers ]

For a while now, every once in a while, while I'm walking, I'll feel kind of weird. My vision gets blurry and a bit flashy, and I have trouble keeping my balance. This usually lasts about 5 seconds or so and only happens about once every 3 weeks. Today, the same thing happened, but this time it...

View more questions Search