Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    dumby Posts: 25, Reputation: 0

Mar 17, 2009, 09:18 AM
    I don't get math
    Can a squere be a rectangle? If so does that meen that a rectangle can be a squere?:confused:
    ebaines Posts: 12,131, Reputation: 1307
    Expert

Mar 17, 2009, 09:29 AM

A rectangle is a shape that has four sides with right angles at each corner. This means that 2 sides may be one length and the other 2 sides a different length, but it also means all 4 sides could be the same. If they are the same, it's called a square. So a square is a special case of a rectangle.

One way to think through this is to try an experiment - can you draw a square and not have it be a rectangle? Try different sizes of squares and see. Then do the reverse - try drawing a bunch of rectangles with varying side lengths and see if any or all of them are also squares.

Mar 17, 2009, 03:49 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by ebaines View Post
    A rectangle is a shape that has four sides with right angles at each corner. This means that 2 sides may be one length and the other 2 sides a different length, but it also means all 4 sides could be the same. If they are the same, it's called a square. So a square is a special cae of a rectangle.

One way to think through this is to try an experiment - can you draw a square and not have it be a rectangle? Try different sizes of squares and see. Then do the reverse - try drawing abunch of rectangles with varying sie length and see if any or all of them are also squares.
    Allright dude thanks for the imput. This is really going to help me with my math homework:cool:
    salamander5 Posts: 87, Reputation: 5

Mar 17, 2009, 03:51 PM

Squares are always rectangles, rectangles are sometimes squares.

Mar 17, 2009, 03:52 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by salamander5 View Post
    squares are always rectangles, rectangles are sometimes squares.
    Thanks man
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Mar 17, 2009, 03:54 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by dumby View Post
    allright dude thanks for the imput. this is really going to help me with my math homework:cool:
    Be sure you work on your spelling words too for the upcoming test.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

To take math or not to take math? Warning:long [ 7 Answers ]

Hey I need some advice. I'm currently a high school junior, and I am HOPELESS at mathematics. I've always managed to scrape by with 65s, and trust me its not lack of effort, I try really hard. All my other grades are over 90s, with the exception of sciences which are in the high 80s. Last year I...

Want to adopt but don't want to wait and don't have all the money [ 12 Answers ]

Ok first off Im a single mom to 1, my biological son is 2 almost 3. I love being a single mom, the only thing is I am 22 and can not adopt through an agency till Im 25. I wanted to have a sibling for my son by the time he was 3 or at least be talking about him getting one... I want him to be the...

I need math skills on this math problems [ 6 Answers ]

81 divided by 3726.83 divided by 3158

If you don't like long.then don't read or awnser. [ 1 Answers ]

Hey my name is Jhaunt'e... and I need help... well here goes lol... im a 16 yr old junior and this 14 yr old freshmen named Raven started talking early 2008... well it got a little farther along and we were on the bus on the way 2 school and I gave her a note that said I like you (I was shy back...

View more questions Search