Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    franz546 Posts: 47, Reputation: 2

Mar 17, 2009, 08:30 AM
    Speaker interference
    I have a Dell computer for about 6 years. The last few days I have been getting music, commercials, talk shows, cooking info, etc. through my speakers. This happens a few times a day, maybe for 5 to 10 minutes at a time, even when the internet is NOT on. My cable company has never heard of anything like that. This has just started lately. Any comments or ideas??
    Scleros Posts: 2,165, Reputation: 262
    Hardware Expert

Mar 17, 2009, 10:54 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by franz546 View Post
    This happens a few times a day, maybe for 5 to 10 minutes at a time, even when the internet is NOT on.
    Cable and DSL Internet connections tend to be always on unless the modem and/or router are off and not powered. How are you turning the Internet "off"?

This has just started lately. Any comments or ideas ????
    Using an AM/FM radio, see if the programming you hear from the speakers corresponds to that of any radio station. Perhaps interference.
    franz546 Posts: 47, Reputation: 2

Mar 17, 2009, 10:58 AM
    There are no radios on in the house and how else do you shut the internet off other than"X" out??
    Scleros Posts: 2,165, Reputation: 262
    Hardware Expert

Mar 17, 2009, 11:04 AM
    There are no radios on in the house...
    There doesn't need to be as they only receive anyway. Any interference would originate from the radio station that is transmitting. Certain cabling arrangements can function as antennas.

... and how else do you shut the internet off other than"X" out ???????
    One generally doesn't. It doesn't work like a light bulb. The modem and/or router could be turned off, but I don't advocate doing that.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Interference of light [ 1 Answers ]

Two light bulbs are covered with red cellophane (which transmits only red light of wavelength 620 nm), placed side by side 5.0 cm apart and then turned on. Give two reasons no interference pattern is seen.

Interference of our car [ 5 Answers ]

Someone cut the brake line on our car, was it someone who lives near us?

Non interference engine vs interference engine [ 1 Answers ]

I wanted to know if anyone knew if the 2000 acura integra ls 1.8L dohc v16 had a non-interference engine or not? This would be helpful as I would know to what extent I would have to go to repair my car. Thanks.

View more questions Search