Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    muh_ahsan2004 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Mar 17, 2009, 07:29 AM
    Foldername.exe virus infection
    Since I had a use my friend's Flash memory I'm suffering this problem. In Every folder there exist "exe" file of parent foldername. Most my hard disk space is eaten up by those foldername.exe. Is this virus be deleted completely from the Hard Disk without formatting the disk:confused:? Help me I'm having important data to keep it. :( :( :(
    Perito Posts: 3,139, Reputation: 150
    Ultra Member

Mar 17, 2009, 08:03 AM

Try this remover. If it doesn't work, we'll have to have more information.

TECHNOLOGY UPDATES: New Folder.exe Virus Removal Tool

Make sure you boot into safe mode before using this. In fact, you should probably boot into safe mode with networking, download the removal tool and then launch it.

Once you try this, you can probably delete the .exe folders, if they don't go away. Make

Good luck and in the future, set yourself up with a good backup system. It's not if your hard drive will eventually get trashed, but when.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

How to clean Foldername.exe virus [ 4 Answers ]

A virus that copy the folder name with the extension exe Eg:- If a folder "Example" is there the virus creates a file Example.exe looks like a folder. How to clean this virus

Virus "foldername" .exe [ 3 Answers ]

Hi Everyone, My Situation: I copied some files from my friend's system to my USB and copied these to my system. When I opened one folder named "Setup" I found a file called setup.exe in that folder. I double clicked in that file. Nothing happened. Problem: After this incident. Whenever I...

How to remove foldername exe [ 2 Answers ]

Dear All, How to remove the Foldername exe which is resided in every folder...

How to clean foldername.exe virus? [ 1 Answers ]

A virus that copy the folder name with the extension exe Eg:- If a folder "Example" is there the virus creates a file Example.exe looks like a folder. How to clean this virus

Virus/spyware infection [ 1 Answers ]

Hi guys, my PC was recently infected with a virus. Now I am a regular user of Crap Cleaner and Ad-Aware (I use both at least twice weekly), but my anti-virus protection was lacking. Anyway I used Norton 2006 to try and rid my PC of the virus but found it largely ineffective. I'm now using Zone...

View more questions Search