Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    dea_ann Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Mar 17, 2009, 07:11 AM
    Film noir
    I've seen this particular film one time on either AMC or TCM several years ago.It is NOT "Murder My Sweet" or "Cry Danger", although the plot line is similar. I know the following description may not be much help, because the elements are so common in this genre... but, here goes: A guy gets mixed up with some underworld types. The crime boss owns a nightclub with an office upstairs over the bar/dance floor. The guy (I thought it was Powell, but probably someone else) is looking for some papers that he believes to be hidden in the upstairs office. He is being helped by a blonde who turns out to be on the side of the crime boss. While he is looking for the papers upstairs (in the dark if I remember right) the criminal returns to his office and catches him. The mafia-type boss has this burly henchman that does the dirty work for him and the hero gets a beating. (the thing I remember... sort of... was the guy who did the beating really got a kick out of it... the person that introduced the movie mentioned the fact that the movie was unusual for its time -late 40's /early 50's-in its portrayal of such a sadistic character)

Sorry, but this is really all I remember... it was a good movie... but I saw it that one time probably 10 years ago. I've looked at movie descriptions on imdb, but have come up empty (probably because I can't remember the actor who played the hero). It's driving me crazy, I'd like to see it again!
    Couchcarrot Posts: 590, Reputation: 41

Mar 17, 2009, 11:23 PM
    Johnny O'Clock, maybe.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Johnny_O'Clock
    dea_ann Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Mar 18, 2009, 06:00 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Couchcarrot View Post
    Thanks! I'll check it out.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Is Pinot Noir more mild than a regular Merlot? [ 5 Answers ]

My wife and I have enjoyed white and blush wines (Reisling, Pinot Grisio, White Merlot) for the last few years and we are wanting to get more into Red wines. Its been tough to get into as we have had a few bad experiences with some red wines. I don't think we are ready for Cab's. Just to harsh...

Name of film [ 3 Answers ]

I saw a film ar least 10 years ago. Set in the american west in a town with harsh snowy conitions. A dark haired, bearded man runs the town and is in love with a town prostitute. He has the town church moved to a new site before he marries her. A young man is sent to the town, he is an engineer or...

Film title of 80 s film [ 4 Answers ]

This is driving me crazy! I watched a film some time in the late eighties think it was a foreign arty film where a girl meets a man on a train and they start up a weird relationship and moves inwith him , he was foreign and think she may have been as well but spoke english, think her name was...

What is this film?-Film About History of India? [ 1 Answers ]

When I was about 10 in the late 70's/early 80's I saw a film on TV that was in color, and from cinematography looked as if it was filmed in the 60's. I think it was overdubbed in english. It looked like a historical epic about a struggle for a throne set in India. Battle scenes on elephants,...

View more questions Search