Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Daps Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Mar 17, 2009, 01:43 AM
    Exciting Sales Opening Sentences Needed!
    I am the manager of a watch and accessories retail stores with a dozen sales executives and I want to know as many exciting sales opening sentences as possible that we could all use to improve our acts.
    Thanks.
    sarnian Posts: 462, Reputation: 9
    -

Mar 17, 2009, 05:08 AM
    Hello Daps

exciting sales opening sentences ?

Hmmm : is there any financial reward for offered sentences that will be used?
    Stringer Posts: 3,733, Reputation: 770
    Business Expert

Mar 19, 2009, 08:14 PM

Since most purchases are made because of emotion/s I would suggest that you find something to compliment them initially. But certainly be sincere in your compliment as people can see right through false praise, show respect...

Once you have 'paved the way' it should be a bit easier...

Stringer
    -

Mar 21, 2009, 03:21 AM
    Hello again Daps

It's Saturday 21 March 2009, and still no reaction on my first follow up. Did you really expect people to fill this topic with ideas for you to use freely, while your post seems to indicate that you reside in the 'mecca' of the US dollar where every idea and time is money, and you will use such ideas to make money?

You as 'manager of a watch and accessories retail stores with a dozen sales executives' will know that in your society nothing is free. Such a big retail chain should have an advertising agency. So why your request for ideas here? Or do I miss something? Please feel free to inform me!

Note : you provided little information on the section of your goal market : lower, middle, or upper end? I assume the lower to middle sections. Watch and accessories only, or simple jewelry also?
    With one part of your text I fully agree : you should indeed improve your acts!
    Business Expert

Mar 21, 2009, 08:42 AM

It's Saturday 21 March 2009, and still no reaction on my first follow up. Did you really expect people to fill this topic with ideas for you to use freely, while your post seems to indicate that you reside in the 'mecca' of the US dollar where every idea and time is money, and you will use such ideas to make money?
    -Sarnian

Not sure that I completely understand your comment. However that is exactly what we do on this site, we help people where we can 'free.' And 'profit' is not an ugly word. They came here with a question and they deserve answers, not criticism for asking that question.
    excon Posts: 21,482, Reputation: 2992
    Uber Member

Mar 21, 2009, 08:55 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Daps View Post
    i want to know as many exciting sales opening sentences as possible that we could all use to improve our acts.
    Hello Daps:

Even if I gave you hundreds of exciting openings, it wouldn't do any good, unless you knew the proper closings to use. In fact, closing is much more important than opening. If you do NOTHING more in your opening statement, than CLOSE, you're doing it right.

If you don't know what I mean, then you should learn. Because employing a dozen sales executives who don't know how to close is throwing money away.

Sales is a craft that can be learned like ANY craft. There's no mystery to it, and there's a JILLION books in your library about it. THAT is where I'd go.

Oh yeah, listen to Stringer, and Clough too. He'll be along

excon
    excon Posts: 21,482, Reputation: 2992
    Uber Member

Mar 21, 2009, 09:09 AM

Hello again, D:

Ok, I'll give you the short and sweet sales lesson.

Open, feature, benefit, close:

Hi. This gizmo comes in blue to match your dress. How many do you want?

excon
    Business Expert

Mar 21, 2009, 09:17 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by excon View Post
    Hello Daps:

Even if I gave you hundreds of exciting openings, it wouldn't do any good, unless you knew the proper closings to use. In fact, closing is much more important than opening. If you do NOTHING more in your opening statement, than CLOSE, you're doing it right.

If you don't know what I mean, then you should learn. Because employing a dozen sales executives who don't know how to close is throwing money away.

Sales is a craft that can be learned like ANY craft. There's no mystery to it, and there's a JILLION books in your library about it. THAT is where I'd go.

Oh yeah, listen to Stringer, and Clough too. He'll be along

excon
    Got to spread th 'lub' Ex...

Excellent response...

ABC: Always Be Closing....

And when you get a positive response (close) from your customer... shut up... way too many times when a sales person keeps talking about the product when they should have just taken the money. You can bring up something else up that changes the customer's mind... Close then stop and take the money. Then talk afterward, if you must.

Stringer
    -

Mar 21, 2009, 09:26 AM
    Hello Stringer

Well, yes : I provide lot's of advice for free on the homework help and other boards.
    But this is a question for intended financial gain by the asker, someone who seems little interested in providing more details.
    I see no reason why I should not profit too from the earnings he/she hopes to gain from advice provided here.
    If he/she went to an advertising agency he/she would have to pay through his/her nose, so why not ask if there is a small reward for accepted opening sentences?

Please note that nowhere did I suggest that profit is an ugly word.
    Also note that asking for more details on the organisation and goods involved can be seen as criticism.
    It seems to me that people like Daps should be posting here their replies to any incoming answers.
    Due to previous reactions there are now at least 3 persons who have reacted so far, though none of them with what was asked for : as many exciting sales opening sentences as possible, because to do so one need to know more about what it is all about (and there is little or no incentive now to do so).
    excon's remarks make sense, but are not a reply to what was asked for.
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Mar 21, 2009, 09:31 AM

It's also very important to make an emotional connection to the client. That is the bridge between the opening and the closing, what makes him smile and say yes.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Materials needed for sales support [ 1 Answers ]

What materials/market information will sales people be expecting when I hire them? I work in the commercial and residential service industry.

Well this is surprising as well as very exciting! Anyone have two kids under 2 yrs? [ 8 Answers ]

So I just got a positive pregnancy. I have an almost 6 month old and although this is unexpected, we are more then thrilled. So I am wondering what it is like having two kids under the age of two? My sister and I are 2.5 years apart and we did pretty well, but when the second baby is born, our...

View more questions Search